Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

New web site look and update

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Roderick Treece

New web site look and update

Post by Roderick Treece »

Well we finally got around to updating the web site and adding lot's of new stuff.My favorite is the new PORTFOLIO section.
Thanks to everybody for the inspiration and advise.

Roderick
www.customglasssigns.com
Patrick Mackle

Post by Patrick Mackle »

Looks good Rod. It'll be great to hear how it affects the hits you get. Sites like Larry's and yours can only add to the interest in the rebirth of decorative glass signage.
Pat
Kelly Thorson

Post by Kelly Thorson »

Looks great Roderick. I'm not sure why but the post I made last night was there but today it is gone. Hope you had a chance to read it.
In any case, looks classy, I'll have to go back for a longer stay after Moose Jaw.
kelly
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

That looks very nice Roderick. You have done a great job
I have been putting my own site together for a while now ,another few months and it should be finished.
Dave
Raymond Chapman

Post by Raymond Chapman »

Very nice site. I spent many happy moments just looking at all the eye candy. Congratulations.
Roderick Treece

Thanks alot everybody,
It's amazing to try to put a web site together working with quite a few defferent people.Everybody has their specialty to make a site that really gets traffic and looks good.Design,key work searches,Wrighting,Photography,Search engine optimization just to name a few.
At this point I would say way over half of business comes via the internet.At first it was kind of strange to work with people you never see in person.I got to like it when they pay the bills and order fun stuff.
If you have a web site and you'd like me to add you to my resource page just let me know.It really helps all of us by educating the public about signs, glass signs and art work.
Who Knows,you might already be there.

Thanks again
Roderick
www.customglasssigns.com
Dennis Davis

Post by Dennis Davis »

Roderick,

Your web page really looks nice. It was easy to navigate and the selection of eye candy was a pleasure to look at. I'm not a web page guy, nor do I have one, but I have what may be a dumb question. Is there an easy way to be able to click on your pictures and have them open up in a much larger format? I have tired old eyes and trying to see the detail was difficult for me. Maybe secondary pictures taken to show some of the detail would do the trick. Just a thought.
Dennis Davis
Boise, Idaho
Roderick Treece

Dennis,

Yes, you can make a link to a bigger photo ,the only hitch is it cost more to set up.I just got the bill for the redo and well frankly I better sell alotta glass sooooon!Maybe I should offer readers(glasses) on the site.I could probably get em cheap.

Thanks for the comments

Roderick
www.customglasssigns.com
Dennis Davis

Post by Dennis Davis »

Roderick,

You are welcome and thanks for your reply. I am putting on my $5.99 Harbor Freight magnifier...it's a copy of the Opticon, Noel told me about them...there, that looks much better. Now you don't have to do any further upgrade of your web page in my behalf.

Dennis
Dennis Davis
Boise, Idaho
vance galliher

site....

Post by vance galliher »

Hi Rod, I like your new site! Lots of detailed description about the possibilities with glass work. Like Dennis, I like close-up , but it looks great ! I appreciate your pricing some of the work. I price my work much like you. I'm always curious about what others charge..... putting a price on this work is so arbitrary...... I don't price my work by the hour, but rather by the project. Sometimes I make a lot per hour.....something not....hahaaaa.........just lessons to learn. But I figure the more fun I'm having, the more Im going to charge. Thanks for sharing..........