Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Anyone had experience with Starphire glass ?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

vance galliher

Anyone had experience with Starphire glass ?

Post by vance galliher »

I'm doing more LED lighted carved glasswork now and my glass of choice is Starphire, because of its optic clarity (low lead/low iron content) It is simply awesome when light hits the carved areas. But with the joy of discovery also comes the disappointment of the learning curve. If there is interest or information (maybe Pat Mackle) I'll follow up...........
Patrick Mackle

Post by Patrick Mackle »

Vance,
You KNOW I'm interested but very limited currently clearing the jobs blocking my way to Hayward.
I have been etching, carving and leafing more large scale Starphire panels this year.
Multi stage carving them via photoresist. Love to discuss more in the near future and learn how to
post pictures for viewing.
Back to it...

Pat
Kent Smith

Post by Kent Smith »

I would also be interested if anyone has experience with chipping.