Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

New permanent photos and pages added tonight

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

New permanent photos and pages added tonight

Post by Mike Jackson »

Samuel Evans, a co-founder of Rawson & Evans.

http://www.theletterheads.com/lhparts/rawsonevans.html

Hi all,
Not many of us have any of the first few years of Signs of the Times magazines. Luckily for us, we have a good friend at the magazine, Tod Swormstedt. He supplied me with a bunch of ads from magazines from 1906-1908 containing ads for Rawson and Evans and a few of their competitors. I added quite a few new photos in five new Rawson & Evans pages tonight, along with a few additional pages for Spanjer Bros, Colonial Sign & Insulator, and W.E. Long Co.

Check them out! They are all now linked in the navigation bar of The Original Letterheads Web Site. You can get there easily from the link above. The new pages also show a photo of George Bayless, the main designer at R&E.

Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Ron Berlier

Post by Ron Berlier »

Excellent Mike!

Thanks agin for more work and thank you Tod.

That's some "Stache", guess Mr. Evans ran out of wax.

:lol:
Ron Berlier
Wherever I go, there I am.