Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

John Studden / car accident

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

DAVE SMITH

John Studden / car accident

Post by DAVE SMITH »

John Phoned skyped me yesterday and told me he was in a car smash last week. He's ok he said he walked out of the vehicle without a scratch .A lady who was on the phone while driving went into the back of him while he was stationary at a set of lights.
The car hit him that hard it pushed him into the main reservation, no one else hit him. He was lucky he said to get out alive. As you can see the vehicle/van was written off.
Dave

Wayne Osborne

Post by Wayne Osborne »

OH MY !... Very Glad to hear John was OK but geeez- what a mess, Nice vehicle too!
Larry White

Post by Larry White »

Cell phones, the scurge of all the drivers.

What's a main reservation?

Glad you're okay Mr. D,

but you're rig is lookin' like a GDR icon.
Raymond Chapman

Good News and Bad News

Post by Raymond Chapman »

Glad to hear that John is OK, but what a shame to ruin such a nice ride.
Ron Berlier

Re: Good News and Bad News

Post by Ron Berlier »

Raymond Chapman wrote:Glad to hear that John is OK, but what a shame to ruin such a nice ride.
A huge ditto!

Very glad to know that John escaped without any serious injuries to contend with. That type of accident, especially standing still,
usually causes a real sever whiplash that dosen't go away for a very long time. Glad you're okay John
Ron Berlier
Wherever I go, there I am.
Patrick Mackle

Post by Patrick Mackle »

John came out of it pretty well thanks in part to that vintage thick gauge Detroit tin and those nice high back seats and competition seat belts. John and myself were both hit in the rear that day, both were probably due to cell phone distraction.
In my case my rusted utility bumper received a little bright yellow paint, the offending 2008 SUV suffered about $1500.00.
"When the mouth is open, the eyes are closed."
Pat
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

John for some reason has a problem with his computer so he can'nt get on this site at the moment. Larry sorry mate I thought it was called a reservation over there ,what I ment was a cross roads LOL.
Our law here is that if your caught using a mobile phone you get points instantly on your license and face a big fine ,I think it's 3 points or it could even be 6 once you get 9 your banned from driving.
People still do it. The public get angry if they see someone using a phone while driving. Since the ban 3 years ago the number of deaths have dropped.
He was lucky
Dave
Kent Smith

Post by Kent Smith »

Life in prison sounds too soft for smashing up a classic. Glad John and Pat are ok.
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

YiKKeS! Thats a shame and good news all round that everyone is Okay. I had a drunk plow into the back of me some 20years ago and found out only a couple back that she'd broken a few bones in my back. He would do well to see a chiropractor. And so that we are still on the signs topic it's a shame to see a classic like that disappear. A look back over a few Conclaves I recall seeing a few beautiful lettering jobs on that one!
Danny Baronian
Site Admin

Post by Danny Baronian »

Here's what the rear end used to look like.

I'll bet the other car sustained serious damage. Hopefully their insurance will take a major hit.

Your next car needs a bumper sticker: Hang up the phone and drive!

Glad there were no injuries....

Danny Baronian
Baronian Mfg.
CNC Routing & Fabrication
http://www.baronian.com
Patrick Mackle

Post by Patrick Mackle »

I wonder if that lady had any additional remorse from realizing she sent an irreplaceable "sano" classic to an early grave? Makes me wanna cry.
Pat
Last edited by Patrick Mackle on Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pierre Tardif

Post by Pierre Tardif »

Ouch! For both John and his truck! Thanks to nowadays body shop, should be fixed all right and glad nobody's hurt!