Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

NEW CHIPPED GLASS PIECE

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Bobbie Rochow

NEW CHIPPED GLASS PIECE

Post by Bobbie Rochow »

I made this for a friend of mine, & my husband framed it for me. The glass measured 12" x 18". I had dried the glue near our woodburner, & used some of the silica beads. The chipping was pretty irregular. At the same time I had layed another one right under the wood burner & it dried & chipped by itslef & I got lost of ferns in it. It was given at Christmas to my father-in-law, but I will post when I go there & take the pic. Was in a hurry to wrap it & forgot!

This piece has 23 K gold on it & also 13 k. I reverse painted the colors with One Shot. There are a few imperfectins, but I am learning!

I have no idea what to charge for something like this, I need to do a search on past posts.

Catharine C. Kennedy

Post by Catharine C. Kennedy »

Look quite impressive, Bobbie- good going! :o
Catharine C. Kennedy
Chatham Center, NY
Kelly Thorson

Post by Kelly Thorson »

You're learning in leaps and bounds Bobbie. Good Job! Nice colours and detailing.
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

You have made a wonderful job Bobbie. Colours really work well.
Dave
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Bobbie,
You created a truly beautiful piece!I really love the way the chipping looks alot like the gold scrolls when they are next to each other.

Roderick
Bobbie Rochow

Post by Bobbie Rochow »

Kelly, thank you so much for doin that for me!

Thank you all very much, it really inspires me, reading your comments!
Susan Banasky

Post by Susan Banasky »

Wow Bobbie, as a newbie to gold myself....I think we can learn a lot from you....
you go girl.....great job.
Kent Smith

Post by Kent Smith »

Nice fine work.
Wayne Osborne

Post by Wayne Osborne »

Beautiful piece! :D