Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Promoting Glass Gold Leaf

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Robert Schwieger

Promoting Glass Gold Leaf

Post by Robert Schwieger »

I will be meeting with members of an historic preservation commission in the near future and wondering what can be advanced to support the notion that 23K Gold Leaf and Glass Gilding is a preferred approach to historic preservation rather than vinyl gold. Re-introducing it to an area is difficult. My only representative now, is, a portfolio of small glass examples and three Public Art Projects illustrating the nature of the media. Any advice will be deeply appreciated. Bob
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Robert,
You might want to also do a fake vinyl sample so they can see the deference.You would think that they would only conceder using apropreit materials for the restoration.It maybe your job to tell them so,as they might be looking for professional historic advice.
I have scene a few articals on historic glass gilding on line that might be helpful.In the end all you can do is educate them on how it should be done.

Roderick