Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

glass work at home

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Catharine C. Kennedy

glass work at home

Post by Catharine C. Kennedy »

It's one thing to do nice work at a workshop where the instructor is watching out for mis-steps, and quite another to try it at home, on your own! But that's how you learn... (again, the orange is just the backdrop for the photo)
Catharine C. Kennedy
Chatham Center, NY
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Well I think you have made a very nice job Catherine.
well done
Dave
Larry White

Post by Larry White »

One thing I've learned over the years is to carefully inspect each step executed on the piece. Slight overages of paint or leaf, or a place that needs to be fixed, can be done fairly easily at that time, but if you do another step over an error, it becomes harder to fix. Practice and patience, nice and easy, ya got to learn not to rush things.

Oh, and it doesn't hurt to take good notes on each piece. I wish I had.

Nice job... on to the next one...maybe seven, maybe nine

-LW
Bobbie Rochow

Post by Bobbie Rochow »

Very nice Cat! I love the colors!