Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Mastering the Art of Dimensional Signmaking

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

erik winkler

Mastering the Art of Dimensional Signmaking

Post by erik winkler »

For months i have been trying to get my greedy hands on the book 'Mastering the Art of Dimensional Signmaking' sold by signfoam or duracaps http://www.duracaps.com/product_info.ph ... 6757d332aa.
But somehow somewhere someone does not want to cooperate... I have sended emails, orderfroms and magic signs from heaven above, but it seems i am unable to buy the booor
Is there someone who can help me?
Realizing we are in the 2nd renaissance of the arts.
Learn, copy and trying to improve...
Still in the learning phase ;-)
Amsterdam Netherlands
www.ferrywinkler.nl
www.schitterend.eu
www.facebook.com/Schitterend.eu
erik winkler

Post by erik winkler »

No one has any connections to get hold on the book?

When i follow this link: http://www.duracaps.com/product_info.ph ... e2959c3f40
I have to pay 100 (or more) US Dollars for shipping only for one book!

:cry:
Last edited by erik winkler on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amsterdam Netherlands
www.ferrywinkler.nl
www.schitterend.eu
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Eric, I do remember seeing this book quite a number of years ago and if that's what it costs, I guess you have to do the math and decide if it's worth that much. I recall that it was a promotional thing given out when SignFoam was first introduced....I'm willing to be corrected on that. A book that was of tremendous influence on me was by William Schnute (sp?) on High relief carving. Although I have not done a search on it am sure it will be quite reasonable. He gets into the issues deeply with an honest directness.
vance galliher

Post by vance galliher »

.here ya go....

ANTIQBOOK
Search Antiqbook

Ask a question or
Order this book

Browse our books
Search our books
Book dealer info

SCHNUTE, WILLIAM J. High Relief Wood Carving
New York, Sterling Publishing Company, Inc. 1985. (ISBN: 0806979704). Soft Cover. No additional printings listed, assumed 1st. 159 pages, illustrated with photos and drawings. Moderate wear, mostly on the rear cover--rubbed and soiled. Waviness to rear cover indicates possible exposure to humid conditions. No stains, marks, or writing. Binding tight and solid. Very Good.

Offered for US$ 35.00 by: Whiting Books - Book number: 03007
See more books from our catalog: Art & Photography

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hundreds of the world's finest antiquarian and used booksellers offer their books on Antiqbook. They offer full satisfaction and normal prices - no markups, no hidden costs, no overcharged shipping costs. 8 million books at your fingertips!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Search all books at Antiqbook
erik winkler

Book addiction..

Post by erik winkler »

Thanks guys,
I will look them up and get my greedy hands on them.
All i will do; will have to come from books, because here in Nederland there is no one who can teach me.
Nobody does this kind of work.... Now with the books i can start learning new things.

Thanks again

Doug & Vance... I just ordered the 'William Schnute' High Reliëf carving book on Amazon.co.uk (for me there is no extra cutsom tax, because it is within Europe) and on Amazon there are numerous used copies of the 1985 print sold for less then half the money. The new version from 2001 is indeed 31 or 33 US dollars.
Amsterdam Netherlands
www.ferrywinkler.nl
www.schitterend.eu