Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Hello from Texas

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Leo Calleros

Hello from Texas

Post by Leo Calleros »

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone in this great and very informative forum. My name is Leo Calleros and I live in the town of Round Rock in the great state of Texas.

I first saw and fell in love with gilded reverse glass art in the streets of New York when I saw a sign that just blew me away back in 1996. Since then I have had to concentrate and put my all to my trade but I had never forgotten the glass art I saw that day. I really love the art, the look the feeling that a hand crafted sign gives you when you see it.

I have been eating living and breathing glass art for a few months and learning all I can possibly learn on my own and so far this forum has been the greatest wealth of information I have found anywhere, period.

I read about this all day and night until I feel dizzy sometimes. Just cant get enough of it.

I am looking forward to learning all I can about this "lost" art as I can possibly learn and hope to give something back to somebody some day. I believe that there should never be some taking without at least the intent on giving.

Cutting this short, I would ust like to say thank you to all you who have selflessly posted so many informative post to help others out.
vance galliher

Post by vance galliher »

great post Leo.............felt your excitment !............ get youself to a noel's workshop !
Leo Calleros

Post by Leo Calleros »

Well, I would love to learn about ANY workshops or events of the such.
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Hello Leo
You certainly sound like you have the bug mate . Go for it !and good luck with all your projects.
Dave
Tony Segale

Post by Tony Segale »

I believe there will be another ISGG workshop coming soon, Leo.
Oct 24-26, if I'm correct.

Two things go straight to a man's heart...
bullets and gold. You got the best of the two.

A man who's a man, needs someone to believe in.
and he took that golden hair and made a sweater for baby bear.
http://www.tonysegale.com
http://www.tonysegale.wordpress.com
Dennis Davis

Post by Dennis Davis »

Tony, you are correct on the ISGG dates. I visited with Noel yesterday and he confirmed those dates with me. He has several participants signed up already, so don't hesitate to contact him. For those who don't have his shop number, you can reach him at 208-336-2769.

Dennis in Boise
Dennis Davis
Boise, Idaho
Raymond Chapman

Post by Raymond Chapman »

Leo...welcome. It seems that you have caught the "bug". I am just up I-35 from you in Temple. Anytime you want to drop by, just give me a call. We have done some gold on glass and some etching/glue chipping, but not anything like the experts that you see posted here. I would be more than willing to share whatever I know with you. Looking forward to watching your progress.

Raymond Chapman
Chapman Design Studio
254-778-7599
1907 Ramcon Drive
Temple, TX 76504
John Studden

Post by John Studden »

Leo, Tony is correct about the next workshop, the dates will be posted shortly, it will take place in Boise ID, there is coverage on here on another post from the last one, you can get an idea of what to expect from that, Gold is very addictive, hope to see you there..........
John Studden
Valencia Signs, California
Kent Smith

Post by Kent Smith »

Welcome Leo...don't let Raymond fool you, he is well versed in all phases of the trade.

Also, I host a beginner's class the second weekend in December if you are interested, contact me directly.
Leo Calleros

Post by Leo Calleros »

All I can say is wow. Thanks for all of you being so welcoming to a begginner, I really appreciate it a whole lot.

I will be calling Noel about that workshop, thanks to all for that tip.

And Raymond, I sure the heck am right down the highway from you. I will surely call you up and swing by your shop. I really appreciate the kind gesture, really do. Expect a call from me real soon.

I really did not expect such a positive and warm response and welcome.

Thanks to all.