Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Got my Smith Tip in the mail today

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Leo Calleros

Got my Smith Tip in the mail today

Post by Leo Calleros »

And all I can say is WOW!

Besides it being a great tool, it also doubles as a nice work of art. The box, the packing, everything is top notch.

Thanks Dave, I cant wait to use it. Beautiful tool.
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Good to see it arrived ok Leo. Also glad to hear you appreciate the time I put into designing the overall package .
Happy Gilding Leo! Thanks
Dave
Wayne Osborne

Post by Wayne Osborne »

Another writer friend of mine was dead impressed with my Smith tip and -I think he's ordered one from Mike at handovers now.

I did a full leaf gild the other day with mine again- (over a completely blacked out ground so just the gold letters left showing on the glass so easy really) but the tip was magic for that- a whole book laid in less than an hour!

It makes working on site like that so easy- the job was in a shop window with people in and out the doors right next to be all the time so lots of draughts to cope with ... no problem with the tip!- Brilliant!

Dave- have you ever thought of having the back of the plates marked up?.. maybe a digiprint sticker with your artwork on as well as the box??-
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

I thought about engraving them on the backs Wayne.
Glad you like yours and that it helps in the process.
Thanks
Dave