Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Hi All

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Beej Curtis

Hi All

Post by Beej Curtis »

:D Just wanted to introduce myself as last time, i didn't do that properly.

Have been sign writing, airbrushing and generally being creative since 1980. Live in Salisbury UK and for the lat 3 yrs have also been teaching. co-presented a Masterclass this year with Craig Fraser and Steve Vandemon who came over from the USA and in 2009 will be doing it all agin plus one in September with one of Australia's best, Daniel Power.

Love my work but having RSI issues and a bit of Osteo neck trouble (so the MRI shows) but what the heck . . still wanna keep doing it til I can't! :)

Thanks to Joe for the introduction here but one question: am i looking wrong or does the forum have no categories like wood carving, signs, airbrush etc? Is it simply one trail of posts?

Looking forward to getting actively involved, do recognise some names so it's nice to not feel 'too' out there on me own! ;)

Talk more soon and please feel free to view my gallery at:

http://www.organicimage.com/acatalog/Gallery.html always very happy to listen to criticism and constructive input from my piers, we are always learning I believe.

Joe's wood carving work and signs work blew me away and I would LOVE to get into that and give it a try.

So, that's a bit about Beej . . look forward to chatting more soon.

Beej
Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist, once he grows up - Pablo Picasso
joe cieslowski

Post by joe cieslowski »

Welcome Beej!

You have the jist of it.......one long trail. Mostly gold and glass work with a bit of wall and hand lettering thrown in. I think Doug Berkhart (hope I spelled it right?) and I show much of the carved work. The best way to find stuff is thru the search option. I'm going to try to get organized after the first of the year and get my tapes on CD's. I'll give you a shout when they are available.

Joe
Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!
Wayne Osborne

Post by Wayne Osborne »

Welcome Beej- your in the right spot for a bit of creativeyness.
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi Beej,
When we set this forum up the first time, we decided to keep it all in one big forum instead of a lot of splintered categories. It seems to work fine, as many topics overlap.

Welcome to the Hand Lettering Forum!

Mike Jackson
Last edited by Mike Jackson on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Welcome Beej. You have some lovely work on your site.
Dave
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

always good to see a new blood in this little world here......so welcome!