Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Forum Upgrades

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Jeremy Thorson

Forum Upgrades

Post by Jeremy Thorson »

Hello, all.

First of all, greetings ... and a huge thank you for your support and contributions over the past week. Your generosity is truly appreciated.

As I'm sure you've noticed, I've finished upgrading the forum software. I believe everything should be working properly, but if you run into any issues that you think are directly related to the upgrade, please let me know. (Either post below or send an email to jthorson at sasktel.net.)

You can probably expect to see a few more minor changes over the next few days, as we tweak a few things and explore the new features ... please bear with us, and thanks for your patience!

- Jeremy
Danny Baronian
Site Admin

Re: Forum Upgrades

Post by Danny Baronian »

Jeremy,

after looking at the previous forum format, this will take a few days to get accustomed to.

The new features will be well worth it!

Thanks for your work!

Danny
Danny Baronian
Baronian Mfg.
CNC Routing & Fabrication
http://www.baronian.com
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

OMG!!! Was just here an hour ago or so and see someone has been busy. After getting used to the"new" look I'll get on with what I was going to post in the first place. It went something like" why don't we open the subject of subscription?" I for one find this an amazing place to find reliable information on almost anything "signs". There is ample evidence in the photo pages and great input that others see the same qualities. To cast my mind back several years I remember talking with Mike and Sarah Clark about the same idea. A site with signs as the sole issue discussed. I realised some months ago of what it takes to make this happen as I was trying to reply to an issue on Steve Shortreed's site and he or Barb trying to work out my posting problems. At that point I realised what it took to make it all happen and gladly subscribed to an annual fee. If that's what it would take to make this place run smoothly why not? I also recall the amount of work my brief stay at AMAL required. Tons of work with just a few letters of congrats at the end to justify the effort...........so what can I say. Thanx to all involved!
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the comments and also thanks for your check to Jeremy.

To be really honest, I don't think we need to have subscriptions. I am not trying to make any money from the site (as at Letterville), so all we need is enough money to keep the site open and running. The Denver group pays for the bulk of the yearly fees. Danny and I certainly put in time to keep things backed up and organized, and we have to help occasionally with passwords and access, but not really that bad.

This request for money is the first one I can remember, and I hated to do that, but the expenses to cull the old member list and upgrade the program is something I couldn't do on my own. I believe we will all love the new features of this BB, including the new Attach feature. If you thought it was easy before, try in now!

If people still want to help out with the site, they can send PayPal funds to Jeremy. (jthorson at sasktel.net) We may have his fees about paid for on this update. I'll check our balance and let people know if we still need to come up with a little more.

Thanks again to all!
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Tony Segale

Post by Tony Segale »

well, I'll be ....

had to slip my shades on when opened the forum this morning...
caught up to us again with those technologies, hey Lafayette?!

nice look, Jeremy.
and he took that golden hair and made a sweater for baby bear.
http://www.tonysegale.com
http://www.tonysegale.wordpress.com
Jerry Berg

Post by Jerry Berg »

Thanks Jeremy and to everyone for the nice job here, very much appreciated! :D
Duncan Wilkie

Post by Duncan Wilkie »

Nice work Jeremy. Thank you for your efforts.