Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Does anyone know of a Letterhead Directory?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Sean Starr

Does anyone know of a Letterhead Directory?

Post by Sean Starr »

I was wondering if anyone is aware of an online directory of Letterheads where you can post a profile, find a Letterhead etc.?
Sean Starr
Starr Studios of San Francisco
http://www.restorationsigns.com
Danny Baronian
Site Admin

Re: Does anyone know of a Letterhead Directory?

Post by Danny Baronian »

Sean,

I don't know of a Letterhead directory. The closest thing to it here is to check the Members tab at the top once you've logged in.

Unfortunately not everyone lists any more than their name, but for those that do, list their web site if they have one, interests, and location.

Danny
Danny Baronian
Baronian Mfg.
CNC Routing & Fabrication
http://www.baronian.com
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Sean,
That list, if there was one, would be a quite fluid target. People come and go, and their addresses change almost yearly. When we tried to send emails to people on this forum, about half of them bounce back as undeliverable. This is a relatively new board, especially compared to the numbers who might have called themselves a Letterhead over the past 25 years.

Letterheads doesn't have a formal organization, with no dues or oversight. With that, pinning down who claims to be a Letterhead is essentially impossible to do.

Best regards,
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Kelly Thorson

Post by Kelly Thorson »

The Letterville site has a pretty large database of members and it's search engines have beern greatly improved. I suspect it is the closest you will find to what you are looking for.
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.
John Lennig

Post by John Lennig »

Sean, regarding the Letterhead Directory...at the '06 Dixie Meet in Suwanee, Georgia (Sonny Franks and his pal (insert mind gap..it'll come to me...in a day or 4...) David Butler & Ms. Butler were taking names and taking pictures...?? with the intention of creating a Letterhead Directory...so's when we wander around the World, we could always beg or trade something of value for a bed to rest in... or at least be able to tell stories to like-minded folks...

don't know where this went... but maybe David does..

sounded like a great idea, tho maybe a bit hard to corral all of em'

John

BTW! i love your work!! the Hand & the Brush...forever and ever, Amen
"You spelled it wrong!"
erik winkler

Post by erik winkler »

Sean,

I tried to make one using google maps: http://maps.google.nl/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&h ... .09375&z=3

Adding profile photo's to them would be easy if I got them.
Realizing we are in the 2nd renaissance of the arts.
Learn, copy and trying to improve...
Still in the learning phase ;-)
Amsterdam Netherlands
www.ferrywinkler.nl
www.schitterend.eu
www.facebook.com/Schitterend.eu