Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Letter Arts Review

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Jon Harl

Letter Arts Review

Post by Jon Harl »

I just got my new issue of Letter Arts Review. This is a magazine that deals alot with calligraphy. There's always great articles, but this is 60 pages jammed with two or three examples per page of great calligraphic artwork. And man is this ever artwork. All hand done with pen or brush or even a stick. Truly eye candy for the sign artist. Those of you who can should support this publication. Subscribe at www.letterarts.com I don't get anything for plugging this mag. But we as an industry could certainly try to train the newbies in hand lettering if they want to learn. Sometimes I need to get away from all the Adobe type and check in with my roots. Terry Wells, Lane Walker, Carl Rohrs and Joe Curtis have all been inspirational and the foundation from where I spring. They all still letter, in fact Terry and Lane don't even own a computer for anything. Nada. No e-mail, no bookkeeping no nothing, no computer. Lane runs a full time sign bis on hand lettering alone. He's my age (48) and he doesn't even know this forum is here. Well enough ranting.
Robin Sharrard

Post by Robin Sharrard »

Thank you Jon, I checked out this web site an found a few things I had been looking for, as well as the link for subscribing to LAR...
Robin Sharrard :D
Robin Sharrard
Sharrard Graphics & Signs
Fallon,Nevada