Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Printing on Glass

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Robare M. Novou

Printing on Glass

Post by Robare M. Novou »

What's On Your Book Shelf ?

http://www.milwaukeesignworks.com
DAVE SMITH

Re: Printing on Glass

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Yes can you imagine what it would be like to get one of these printers.
I think this company is here in the uk. I guess all the embossing would need to be done first but exactly to a working drawing agreed with the company,then registration marks lined up and way it goes. I think it would be possible to make the artwork painting in Corels Painter programme and then print , all elaborate cutting and etching around the print. or even in the centre as the ink would print over it. clever technology now.........
Thanks
Robare
Dave
Catharine C. Kennedy

Post by Catharine C. Kennedy »

Kinda hurts my mind first thing in the mornig- but what a fun thing to "play" with!!!! :lol:
Catharine C. Kennedy
Chatham Center, NY
joe cieslowski

Post by joe cieslowski »

Gotta love technology!!!

Joe
Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!
Robare M. Novou

Post by Robare M. Novou »

You never have to worry about washing away your black outlines again. As the ceramic based ink is bonded to the glass via the annealing process.

You would not even have to own this machine, just email them a file, tell them what type and size the glass is to be used, print it, anneal it, and finally have it shipped to you.

Now you can do all that selective gilding without all the stress and worry of scrubbing away the outlines during both the pre-cleaning prior to the application of gold, silver, copper, etc.and the final clean up after the backing paint has dried.

Testing would have to be conducted to determine which type of glass decoration would have to be done first. I imagine in certain applications, printing it first would be the way to go, and in other more complicated layouts, chipping or embossing would have to be done first. Either way, its the resiliency of the outlines/artwork that would determine the stepping order.

I was wondering if this is what Roderick had done with those panels he just got printed?

The accepted files are .ps (photo shop), .eps, and .pdf.

So you could create your artwork in either a bitmap program, such as adobe photo shop or corel photo-paint. And a vector program such as adobe illustrator or coreldraw.

I have emailed the manufacturer of the printer, asking for pricing information. When I hear back, I will post the answer.

Here in the States, the printer is now in use by GGI ( General Glass International ) of Secaucus, New Jersey.

Not sure where else in the world it is currently being used. Contacting the manufacturer will probably yield that information.

And away we go!

RMN
What's On Your Book Shelf ?

http://www.milwaukeesignworks.com
Rob Schramm

Post by Rob Schramm »

Can you image what that machine costs? What a great machine and how I would love to have a small version of that same machine!
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ