Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

GoldLeaf Workshop England

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Anthony Bennett

Re: GoldLeaf Workshop England

Post by Anthony Bennett »

Got any more glass embossing pictures you would care to share please Dave?
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Hi Anthony.
I have got some more of this type of work, your probably best doing a search here on this. I have a website coming soon with all sorts of glass work so will keep you posted on that.

Thanks again
Dave
Raymond Chapman

Post by Raymond Chapman »

I'm kind of late coming into this thread but will add my "ohhs" and "ahas" to your fantastic glass piece. You've set the bar far out of reach for the rest of us, but we still enjoy seeing your work immensely.

To know how to combine such intricate detail and fine colors together and still have it all readable is a great gift. You are one of a kind for sure.

Ok...let's see what you have up your sleeve for the next project.
Ron Berlier

Post by Ron Berlier »

Sir David, another absolutely Dy-No-Mite piece of stunning glasswork. I agree with Larry, you're certain to be in the history books. Thanks for sharing -

Ron
Ron Berlier
Wherever I go, there I am.
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

What can I say Ray I very much appreciate that from you, thankyou!. Will keep you posted on work coming through which is allways a challenge. Sir Ron Thankyou also I think many of us will be around in the history books from this site and other sites thanks to the Letterheads and what they started back in 75.

Dave
BruceJackson

Post by BruceJackson »

Yeah....very nice indeed. As several others have noted...it's a bit plain. a bit more decoration would lift it. hahaha

Seriously though, when I see work like this, I always marvel at how you came up with some of the forms in it. The scroll shapes and the way they relate to each other. The way they relate to the letter itself, and of course, the form of the shading underneath those fine scrolls.

Sure, it's over the top, but taking a studious observation of the design in this piece leaves me with admiration for the mastery in it....Inspirational.
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Bruce .
I really appreciate that thanks very much, I also think the same of your work.....
Good luck with the Disney Job ,look forward to seeing the finished panels..
Thanks
Dave