Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Danny Bussell 1942-2009

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

John Studden

Danny Bussell 1942-2009

Post by John Studden »

I was just informed of the death of Danny Bussell, he passed away on the evening of the 23rd. Danny, or "Crazy Danny" as he was better known to many, was a well known Letterhead in California attending many Conclaves & local meets. He worked a lot in the Film Studios on signage & faux finishing & also I believe for Dean Hensley. Kit will organize a Rememberence get together sometime in the Spring...................He will be missed.............
John Studden
Valencia Signs, California
Danny Baronian
Site Admin

Re: Danny Bussell 1942-2009

Post by Danny Baronian »

Too bad, it hasn't been easy for Danny and Kit.

Please pass our condolences to Kit.

Danny
Danny Baronian
Baronian Mfg.
CNC Routing & Fabrication
http://www.baronian.com
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Sorry to hear about Danny. I always enjoyed his company at the meets. He will be missed.

Roderick
Kent Smith

Post by Kent Smith »

Sorry to hear the news, he was quite a character and friend to all of us.
Patrick Mackle

Post by Patrick Mackle »

I am also saddened to hear about Danny. He never ceased to impress me at his ability to shine through his health problems.
He was always upbeat and always one of the first to greet and shake hands whenever I saw him at a meet.
Back when Rick's shop was having a "garage sale" Danny was there and while we were talking about what we were doing, I pointed to a Harley Davidson badge and wings logo that I
had sandblasted and airbrushed into my Levi's pant leg. He really got a kick out of that! He asked "What in the . made you think of that?'
I think people like Danny make you strive to think out of the box.
He would always end a phone conversation with a promise to spend a weekend at my shop and just hang out. I would have liked that and he always had an open invitation.
I guess we just never found the time, but it was always anticipated.
I'm certain his wife knows he had us all as good friends.
Pat
Larry White

Post by Larry White »

I'm sorry to hear that.

I knew Danny Busselle, he was a good man.

Danny and I always had nice conversations whenever our paths crossed. I have never met anyone with his tenacity and resiliency. He was an amazing person to observe how he played the hand he was dealt.

He stopped by at one of the Memorial Conclaves and saw the Hamilton Bank Note sign I had made. He had been following along on the step-by-step, and when he saw it in person, he wanted to buy it. I took it with a grain of salt, but a week later he called me. He really did want to buy it, and I sold it to him. I hand delivered it and we hung out for the day. He took me for a ride in his hot rod, and we had a blast. He was an interesting guy, always with an interesting story, and always wanting to learn and do more dispite the bumps in the road.

He will be missed.

May the Great Spirit watch over you, Danny Busselle. ....aho.......

Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

I didn't know Danny and Kit that well but did run into him first time at one of Rick's conclaves. A character to be certain with an infectious humour and manner. My best wishes to his family and friends for their lose.
Tony Segale

Post by Tony Segale »

by gosh, Mr B., I remember that, sittin next to you the first time during a Conclave, met Danny the same weekend,
and right across from us.
Didn't know him that well, either, but a good character for sure.
He was gildin with the rest of us and carryin on about some stories I can't recall...

Condolences to his family and letterhead friends.
and he took that golden hair and made a sweater for baby bear.
http://www.tonysegale.com
http://www.tonysegale.wordpress.com
Rick Sacks

Post by Rick Sacks »

I was wondering why I hadn't heard from him for a while now.
Thanks for the update.
Many of us will miss him in differing ways.
May he rest in peace.
Mendocino, California
"Where the redwoods meet the Sea"
Larry White

Post by Larry White »

I received a letter, telling me of a party.
Figured I share it with you.....
Aho, Danny Bussell!

Concerning Danny Bussell (also known as Danny Giroux)

As some of you already know Danny passed away on December 23, 2009. He had been ill for quite some time.
Danny did not want to have a regular memorial service with everyone being sad.
Instead he wanted a party to celebrate his life. He wanted people to gather and share stories of common experiences, the funnier the better.

The date and place for this party have now been set.

Place Crescenta Valley Park, La Crescenta, CA
Date June 26, 2010
Time 12:00 to 5:00

This will be a Pot Luck, so please bring food and drink. Also bring lawn or camp chairs.
Please RSVP by email or phone so that I have an idea as to how many people will be attending.

Kit Lewis
kitfoxfire@yahoo.com