Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Leaded/Stained glass

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Terry Colley

Leaded/Stained glass

Post by Terry Colley »

Seasons Greetings one and all !
A bit off topic but as decorative glass makes up a big part of things here...
Is anyone doing any leaded/ stained glass work ? I have had thoughts about doing some for a while now and with the new year have started gathering materials, info , tools etc
Many thanks in advance Terry
Terry Colley
Stockport, England
Signwriter/maker
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Re: Leaded/Stained glass

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi Terry,
I don't think your post was off topic at all. Stained Glass and other decorative glass treatments run pretty much parallel with each other.

Lots of Stained Glass suppliers offer classes from the basics to the most advanced techniques. Back when I still lived in Oklahoma, there were classes fairly often at several places.

Good luck!
Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Hi Terry,
I think Sara King does alot of it.

Angelgilding .com
Terry Colley

Post by Terry Colley »

i will look into courses,found a couple on the net. Pubs and churches seem to be the places for good study so I will nip in here and study over a pint
Attachments
nav1.jpg
nav1.jpg (74.13 KiB) Viewed 4258 times
Terry Colley
Stockport, England
Signwriter/maker
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Hi Terry, Good to see you visiting here and that a great shot of a pub we visited together. Wish I could help out with the stained glass but you're in a part of the world where some of the best work is being done. I would have asked you for advice. You'll need to post a few photos of the work you've been up to. Everyone will enjoy as it's top notch. By the way.....no nipping into the Churches for a pint okay?
Brian the Brush UK

Post by Brian the Brush UK »

Hi Terry,
If you find a good local pub with great beer and stained glass windows give me a call and I'll come down and we can perouse the glass over a few pints,

Brian.
http://www.brianthebrushuk.com
With a stroke more imagination.
Sarah King

Post by Sarah King »

Hi Terry,

You certainly have some wonderful stained glass in Britain - houses as well as churches and pubs. As Roderick mentioned, I've been making and repairing residential stained glass in Chicago for many years and I'd be more than happy to answer any questions. The Chicago style is very different from yours but the technique is the same the world over. Keep your iron hot and your cutter oiled - good luck and don't be afraid to ask.

Sarah
Sarah King
AngelGilding.com