Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Hand Lettered Alphabet Designed By Me

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Ron Lloyd

Hand Lettered Alphabet Designed By Me

Post by Ron Lloyd »

See what you think of this, would appreciate feedback. All designed by hand.

Full size link http://yfrog.com/6bp6080149j
Kelly Thorson

Re: Hand Lettered Alphabet Designed By Me

Post by Kelly Thorson »

I really like the lowercase letters. They have a lot of nice swing about them. I'm not sure if you have uppercase designed or not, but the B you have there seems a tad lighweight in comparison. Are you planning to have it made into a font?
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.
Bob Ficucell

Post by Bob Ficucell »

Hi Ron,
It looks great!, I agree with Kelly the "B" needs some steroids! Bob
Ron Lloyd

Post by Ron Lloyd »

Kelly Thorson wrote:I really like the lowercase letters. They have a lot of nice swing about them. I'm not sure if you have uppercase designed or not, but the B you have there seems a tad lighweight in comparison. Are you planning to have it made into a font?
Yes you are correct it was only designed as lower case however at 74 l have a feeling l wont get around to doing the upper case When l have used it in the past on jobs l tend to use the lower case for the caps when it works ...the answer to whether or not l will make it into a font is no However if you would like to do it you are :lol: quite welcome the only stipulation is that you call it Behounek Bold
Ron Lloyd

Post by Ron Lloyd »

Bob Ficucell wrote:Hi Ron,
It looks great!, I agree with Kelly the "B" needs some steroids! Bob
There are some letters that realy flow well together and some that strugle a bit However its a fun letter to do and it goes on very fast Hope you enjoy using it Ron
oatis

Post by oatis »

Ron: This is a great style. Those fat-topped ascenders and fat-bottomed descenders ought to lend a lot of bounce to a line of copy. And it's a treat to see this fresh out of the oven, with stabilo lines and all.

You say you may not develop the caps: OK...but you've GOT to show us the numerals, at least!

Thanks for keeping Hand Lettering in the Forum,

Mark