Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

National Letterhead Meet 2006

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Tod Swormstedt

National Letterhead Meet 2006

Post by Tod Swormstedt »

Unless there are objections, Signs of the Times and the American Sign Museum would like to host the National Letterheads meet in 2006. The meet would be held in conjunction with the magazine's 100th anniversary (since May, 1906).
Many will remember the meet Signs of the Times hosted at the Cincinnati Zoo in 1994. We had chosen the zoo so that the meet was a family event, with plenty for the kids, etc. to do. It seemed to work well, so we're proposing the same site for 2006, probably in a July or August timeframe. Let us know what y'all think. I'll be doing the coordination, etc.
Tod Swormstedt
American Sign Museum
Billy Pickett

Post by Billy Pickett »

...Tod, The earlier zoo event was definately one of the best I've ever attended. I'm certain that any L'head meet that you have a hand in organizing will be a "class act". I'll see you then, fer sure!
Jay Allen

Post by Jay Allen »

Tod,

I have no doubts that ST will put Letterheads in the best light possible - and put on the type of meet that satisfies all comers.

Coupled with your own magazine's anniversary, the new American Sign Museum and the privilege of hosting an International meet, it's almost a surefire guarantee that you'll see a huge crowd and throw a memorable meet.

I for one can't wait. Please let any of the folks here know what needs you might have where Letterheads can assist ST in the planning and organization.

Jay Allen
Ron Percell
Site Admin

Post by Ron Percell »

Tod,
I'll have to agree with Jay, it's a great idea.

With what I've seen so far, the museum looks wonderful, and should draw quite a large crowd, you can count on our support.

Please keep us posted.
Ron Percell
oatis

Post by oatis »

Tod, It's fantastic that you and ST believe that the best way to observe the 100th is with a Letterheads Meeting: I'm certain it will be just one of the many things that'll be going on to commemorate this Historically unique event. We'll all be there! The '94 meet was indeed one of the all-time greats, thanks to the location and your considerable contribution.

A personal dream: A complete digital record of the entire ST catalogue: cross indexed for reference according to subject, name,year.etc.

When I read about the recently-begun Google project to digitize 5 library collections, I thought of a similar ST project. I guess we'll all have to wait for that one rich signpainter ( one HAS to exist somewhere) to die and bequeath his entire fortune--amassed through a lifetime spent being handsomely paid for his beautifully lettered 4x8's--to the American Sign Museum's Digital Archives Project. This is a fireproof warehouse and research facility located on a Seventeen-acre campus at a secret location in rural Ohio. A staff of energetic young scientists drive golf carts up and down Atkinson Parkway, delivering raw data to the E.C Matthews Center for scanning and dissemination. Then Another group of....

Oops! Just realized I've got some gold size going off! Wake up. Oatis!

Back to work!

Oatis
Jill Marie Welsh

Post by Jill Marie Welsh »

:wink: Tod, I can't wait for this meet.
If it's anywhere near as good as 1994,
well, it's just gonna be a good one.
If there is anything that I can do to help,
just ask.
I know that hosting an International is a BIG job!
Love....Jill