Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Hello from Scarborough

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Jason Beardsley

Hello from Scarborough

Post by Jason Beardsley »

Hello many Signwriters.
I have been lurking in the wings for a long time but am very shy.
I have been Signwriting since the mid 80's (although i am still only 18).
I am looking for someone who is blond, slim and has big t..... sorry, wrong website.
I am addicted to sable brushes, Apple products and alcohol.
I love the idea that signwriting seems to have moved from a cut throat trade to more of an artisan movement. When did this happen? Did it happen? Have i been in a coma? Scarborough is so cut off from the rest of the world.
Anyway, its nice to find a group of people that still believe in and make a living from this wonderful trade.
Snowball fight. xxxxxxxxxxxx
Brian the Brush UK

Re: Hello from Scarborough

Post by Brian the Brush UK »

Hi Jason,
Nice to hear your into paint splashing !! I'm not toooooo far away from you, I'm in West Yorkshire. Been to sunny Scarborough may times, are there any local guys still hand painting signs ? I would have thought the B&B trade would keep somebody busy signwriting the signs I know Pete in Whitby is still pushing the paint. How you enjoying the heavy snow ? ha ha !!

Brian.
With a stroke more imagination.