Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Christmas Gift Sign

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Paul Jukes

Christmas Gift Sign

Post by Paul Jukes »

Hey everyone, Happy New Year.

I took the advice of David Slade from my previous post and made my first hand lettered sign as a Christmas gift for my aunt and her painting business. Here were the results. Any comments and suggestions welcome.
IMGP1844.jpg
IMGP1844.jpg (57.11 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
IMGP1847.jpg
IMGP1847.jpg (45.85 KiB) Viewed 3033 times
IMGP1848.jpg
IMGP1848.jpg (44.7 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
IMGP1849.jpg
IMGP1849.jpg (56.62 KiB) Viewed 3028 times
I had designed the logo previously for a business card. The panel shapes, handles, icon and line were cut out of the Masonite board with a jig-saw. I framed the Masonite panels with 1"x3" pine with a routed a track to allow a panel to slide in and be held behind the cut out icon. My aunt is notorious for changing her mind so now she can paint the panel whatever colour she feels like that day, slide it into the sign and change the colour of her logo. I stained the backs of the panels and rolled the faces white. A pounce pattern was used to mark the layout of all the black lettering.
Paul Jukes
Kitchener Ontario, Canada
signsbyjukes.com
Anthony Bennett

Re: Christmas Gift Sign

Post by Anthony Bennett »

I missed this one, Nice and crisp Paul.
David Slade

Re: Christmas Gift Sign

Post by David Slade »

I should have told you to make practice signs for me! :D

Great idea for the changeable logo color. It adds some dimension too.