Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Possible Down Time for this Forum

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Possible Down Time for this Forum

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi Gang,
I am about ready to make a change on my server and accounts with Canaca.com. That could affect the functionality of this forum since it is associated with my main account. Starting probably tomorrow, I will attempt to redirect the AName for my main account to another server, then attempt to apply a different main domain name to my billing account at Canaca. If things go smoothly, most of it will go seamlessly and no one will even see the change, but if not, it might take a week or two for a programmer to redirect everything.

Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
BruceJackson

Re: Possible Down Time for this Forum

Post by BruceJackson »

Hi Mike,

I just wanted to use this opportunity to thank you for continuing to administer the forum. It has been quite a few years now, and i appreciate the effort.

I, like some others, go through phases, when I don't visit the forum very often, but lately have been checking it almost daily. The forum contains a very high quality level of membership and is the most closely aligned with my personal interests.

Through your efforts, and those of the other moderators and contributors, I feel a genuine sense of commuity among people here and it has greatly helped advance our collective knowledge, appreciation of our art and the sense of belonging among peers.
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Bruce....I couldn't have said it better!!! You took the words out of my mouth and they actually made sense for a change.
Anthony Bennett

Post by Anthony Bennett »

Thirded.
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

When I get the time I also look in on this site to see what is going on . A good source of information is brought to this forum. I think your doing a brilliant service to keep this forum going.
Good job Mike and to the other people that help you, also the many contributors with there work and knowledge that post here.
It sure helps me out from time to time...

Fourthed!
Dave
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

I checked the dates on some of the files from the old site. We started www.theletterheads.com on February 11, 2003. 8 years in just a few days! Ironically, that's my birthday, too! :)

Currently, www.handlettering.forum and www.theletterheads.com are "add-on" domains under my primary account at Canaca.com, www.tetonimages.com
I need to move or redirect www.tetonimages.com to Photoshelter.com and let Canaca change my primary domain account to www.goldenstudios.com.

I've spent a ton of time with emails to Canaca to try to make sure I do the conversion correctly, but I am not skilled enough to know how to fix things if the transition doesn't go smoothly.

Hopefully, this will be totally seamless and we won't feel the speed bump.

Take care,
Mike Jackson
Golden Era Studios
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Best of the Tetons
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

I have some picks of a recent Gold Workshop Mike. Should I hold off posting until you say it's ok?
Thanks
Dave
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Dave, you might wait a day, but so far, things look good. At least it is working now. GoldenStudios.com is down right now as I wait for them to make my new primary domain and billing domain. Tetonimages.com is still active, but not pointing to the new Photoshelter site yet.

Mike Jackson
Golden Era Studios
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Best of the Tetons