Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Saratoga Collections of Panels & Ornaments: NEWLY RELEASED!

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

http://www.letterheadfonts.com/fonts/sa ... aments.php

Hello forum readers,
For the past few months, I have been busy digitizing a NEW collection of panels and ornaments called the Saratoga Collection. These are all new designs, hand digitized, and mostly in the style of the Rawson & Evans Company. If you already own the Main Street Collection, these will work nicely with them, but they will stand alone as their own collection. Instead of creating a large CD, booklets, and multiple formats, this time I am letting Chuck at LetterheadFonts.com sell them exclusively in font sets. The link above will show what you can get for only $42! There is a ton of time in the grouping. Seems like a great bargain to me! And, again, everything is NEW.

We should be releasing a few Saratoga Panels packages following this Ornaments package, so stay tuned. They will be quite unique, too!

Yes, I know this is a shameless self promotion plug, but I'd like to think it is offset by the time I put into the forum and site!

Besides the current new offerings, Letterheads fonts now sells smaller packages of Centennial, Americana, and Main Street collections:
http://www.letterheadfonts.com/fonts/ar ... ackson.php

Cheers,
Mike Jackson
Golden Era Studios
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Larry White

Re: Saratoga Collection of Ornaments: NEW!

Post by Larry White »

Nice ornaments....very nice ornaments!

Still love throwin' in my Main Street and Centenial Collection CDs
....wouldn't want it any other way. Ain't much for downloads.
Let me know if you'll be offering this new collection on a CD.

Never been bothered by your promotions, truth be told. And thanks for
all your efforts on this site...(along with banter tolerance).

Well sir, the days of CDs is about all gone. It is a dammed shame.
Looks like you've put all your eggs in the same basket.
I'd buy them from you, but not LHF. ...It's just the way it is.

LHF, Please, please.....please.... please...

Last edited by Larry White on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Berg

Post by Jerry Berg »

Nice stuff there Mike, looks very useful to me!
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi Larry,
Yes, the days of CDs are fading fast. Over the past few years, people have been asking about immediate downloads to save time and shipping. Throw in the time it took me to convert 1000 files into around 8000 files in the various formats, time to make web pages, and the expense of making a booklet, and the new method won out. I don't have to be around to answer the phone and stand in line at the Post Office, so all the pluses outweighed the old school option of the CD and booklet. This also gives me a bit of an option to add to the Saratoga Collection over the next few months, where it was impossible once I finalized the collection going with a CD.

This new Saratoga Collection was originally planned as the Back Street Collection to go with the Main Street Collection. As it grew in size, I decided it needed its own name and identity. The initial offering at Letterhead Fonts is mostly small parts, corners and ends. The panels will be much more elaborate! Coming soon! I anticipate this collection to be very popular. It has been four years since I released Centennial, so I was feeling the need to do some new pieces.

I just made one of the domain switches, so GoldenStudios.com is down for a while. Check it later to see more examples from upcoming Saratoga offerings.

Mike Jackson
Golden Era Studios
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Best of the Tetons
Anthony Bennett

Post by Anthony Bennett »

I must make a purchase and download sometime soon.
Larry, I am with you on the CD thing but I will justy burn the download to a cd on my machine.
I know it's possible to capture all of the content onto a pdf for quick reference, maybe someone here knws how to do it and could do a tut sometime.
Raymond Chapman

Post by Raymond Chapman »

Shameless! Shameless! I'm extremely disappointed in you. :)

But...you are forgiven. And I'll buy the stuff anyway.

There is no telling how many times I've used your artwork. Those CD's go into my computer on a regular basis.

My workshops have a regular "commercial" for your clip art, but I have no way of knowing if anyone actually ever buys what I'm promoting. Since my ego is bigger than my head, I'm going to assume that I've made you rich over the past years. But that's just me.

I hope that steak you promised me is still waiting if I ever make it back to Jackson Hole.

Thanks for all you do to keep this forum up and running. It's a tremendous source of information and inspiration.
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

That is a nice set of panels and ornaments Mike,I think they will sell very well . Alot of work goes into this .
Goodluck with them..

Dave
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi again,
Thanks for all the nice compliments...

After waiting 36 hours for Canaca to make the change at goldenstudios.com, I changed the settings back.
The site is now back up at http://www.goldenstudios.com and you can see some additional panels from upcoming packages.

http://www.goldenstudios.com/Saratoga/saratoga.html This page has lots of new examples.

http://www.letterheadfonts.com/fonts/sa ... aments.php
The current ornament package is selling for only $42, with around 124 ornaments, ends, corners, crests and so forth. Yikes! That's only around 30¢ each!

Best regards,
Mike Jackson
http://www.goldenstudios.com
Golden Era Studios
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Best of the Tetons
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

http://www.letterheadfonts.com/fonts/sa ... anels1.php

Hi again,
At the first of February, Letterhead Fonts released my Saratoga Ornaments. Now, as of the 1st of March, the rest of the Saratoga Panels collection is available at the site. You can buy the four individually, or save some money by buying all four at the same time. If you already own Main Street, you'll want to add this collection, as many of the panels are in the same Rawson & Evans flavor. Saratoga is a solid collection even if you don't own Main Street!

Cheers,
Mike Jackson
Golden Era Studios
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Best of the Tetons