Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Steve Parrish Video

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Robert Schwieger

Steve Parrish Video

Post by Robert Schwieger »

If anyone is interested, a short 5 minute segment of Steve Parrish doing a gold job in an Oklahoma Bank in the 70's or early 80's is available on the Charles Kuralt On the Road series Set #2, episode 17. Although it is short it is probably one of the few videos with Steve. Others probably exist from his visit to sign gatherings. Bob
Raymond Chapman

Re: Steve Parrish Video

Post by Raymond Chapman »

Mike Jackson was also in that segment. He looked a lot younger then.
Kent Smith

Re: Steve Parrish Video

Post by Kent Smith »

We were all younger then. I have more footage of Steven from Moore in '82 and KC in '83, just most on old VHS and have had trouble transferring. Much of it did not have clear sound due to the many onlookers. Mike would remember but Kuralt's crew shot many more hours of film. I have a friend who was a photographer for CBS and tried to get them for me but they were "lost".