Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Wheel of Fortune

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Robert Schwieger

Wheel of Fortune

Post by Robert Schwieger »

Recently completed two part gold, glue chipped work inspired by Rick Glawson's Wheel of Fortune from the 80's. This was NOT an attempt to redo RIck's work but an attempt to incorporate gold glasswork outside of the traditional commercial purposes. My work comes from my "furnace room" studio and includes hand drawn imagery and NO computer cut stencils simply because I do not have the equipment. The forefront element is covered with screenprinted monotypes (waterbase inks) and the four horses in the immediate foreground are reverse gilded small panels which are inserted into the base. The upper wheel consists of glass panels with screenprinted line drawings colored with one-shot enamels on a background of variegated gold leaf and glue chipped gilded glass surrounding the riders and the numerals. Overall width of project is approximately 35 inches, the wheel element 24 inches. It has been fun to watch the project unfold. The work is currently on display as part of the Nebraska Wesleyan University art faculty show. Bob
Attachments
PA13.jpg
PA13.jpg (49.19 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
Robert Schwieger

Re: Wheel of Fortune

Two missing images. Will try here.
Attachments
PA12.jpg
PA12.jpg (51.13 KiB) Viewed 3745 times
PA11.jpg
PA11.jpg (47.82 KiB) Viewed 3737 times
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi Robert,
Looks very nice! Thanks for taking the time to photograph your project and include it here. Lots of work!

Cheers,
Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Robare M. Novou

Post by Robare M. Novou »

Nice Work, and all without a computer....Bravo! See if you have a Macro setting on your camera and take a few up close photos. And post them here.

So you like horse racing do you? Watch this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTl2fdMXfv8 and remember "Zenyatta dead last".

RMN
What's On Your Book Shelf ?

http://www.milwaukeesignworks.com
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

I very much like the look of these wheels of fortune,you have made a great job of this Robert. I have a photo of Ricks restoration wheel somewhere ,will try and post it later for you.

Nice job indeed.
Dave
Robert Schwieger

Thanks Dave for your kind words. I do have a copy of the Signs of the Times issue that featured the Wheel and it remains a true inspiration. Bob