Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Frog Juice

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Kerri Lynn Brownlee

Frog Juice

Post by Kerri Lynn Brownlee »

:?: Where would one find frog juice?
I looked on the letterhead sign supply site..it's not there unless it has an alias (aka....)

Kerri Brownlee
Glorious Graphics and Gifts
Mayflower, Ar
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Re: Frog Juice

Post by Mike Jackson »

http://www.superfrog.com/accessories.html

Try that link,
Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
vance galliher

Post by vance galliher »

....sent to me by my good friend bill blumberg.....about frog juice
Vance: Here's what I've been doing for 8 days, fighting the weather, it's corregated so I've painted about 8 mi. of stripes, the eagle is next, should take about 2 days, it's cutout of 3/4" mdo (made in the shop) and installed. Joel and I originally did it right after 9/11 (that's 10 yrs.) after it was completed it was sprayed with frog juice. It's on the south side and held up amazingly well, I'd like to tell all the doubters on the forum about the success of frog juice. (I had to sand it a little in spots) Hope your well and busy.

Bill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1204 / Virus Database: 1435/3461 - Release Date: 02/22/11
vance
dimensional and glass art signs
http://www.vancegallihersigns.com
Kerri Lynn Brownlee

:D Thanks.
I have a 4'x2' x 1/4" glass project that will be indoors in my church. It will be a sandblasted project and it will also be painted. It will be the biggest project that I have tackled in the 5 years that I have been creating by sandblasting. How would you suggest protecting it?

Thanks,
Kerri Brownlee
Mayflower, Ar
Kelly Thorson

Post by Kelly Thorson »

Hi Kerri,
I'm not sure from your post if your entire piece is painted or not.
Just a heads up if you don't already know this, but if any areas are clear sandblasted glass, any clear you apply to them will make the frosted effect from the blasting almost clear again.
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.
Kerri Lynn Brownlee

The entire project will not be painted...just parts of the blasted areas, then areas of the unblasted glass will be painted.

I've had issues with some of my current projects that the paint 'leaches' from the blasted area (under the mask) and creates headaches/heataches. I would like know how to prevent this from happening and/or know how to fix it.

I was also wondering about which would be better to protect the back of the project, frog juice or varnish?

Kerri Brownlee
Mayflower, Ar