Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Atkinson, Strong designs?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Bob Ficucell

Atkinson, Strong designs?

Post by Bob Ficucell »

Does anyone know anything about this book coming out?
http://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Commercia ... 0486478459
Mike Simpson

Re: Atkinson, Strong designs?

Post by Mike Simpson »

Apparently not Bob, but I think I'll order one. Looks good but I didn't see any release date. Did you?

Mike
Mike Simpson
picture framemaker and artist
http://www.mikesimpsonart.com
Bob Ficucell

Post by Bob Ficucell »

Mike,
It used to say release date was April 21.
I'm going to get one too, looks kind of interesting. Bob
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

I recognise the images on the front from several of the old re-prints from Signs Of The Times. Will sure be interesting to see the publisher and the contents.
Noah Moore

Post by Noah Moore »

I placed an order for this book last year and I keep getting update emails saying it's release date has been pushed back. every time I get the email it says it's new release date will be almost 3 months later than the last update. this has happened 5 times now. well see. almost a year to the date when i made the order.
THE SKYS THE LIMIT
Anthony Bennett

Post by Anthony Bennett »

Noah, I hope that wasn't a prepaid order.
Anthony Bennett

Post by Anthony Bennett »

Note to Mod Mike, OFF TOPIC. Seems like I can post again, don't know what the glich was. !
Noah Moore

Post by Noah Moore »

actually it was pre paid. they offer to reimburse me with a bit of credit for the hassle but I'm just waiting for it. I feel like it will be a surprise gift to myself when it arrives.
THE SKYS THE LIMIT
Bob Ficucell

Post by Bob Ficucell »

Noah Moore wrote:actually it was pre paid. they offer to reimburse me with a bit of credit for the hassle but I'm just waiting for it. I feel like it will be a surprise gift to myself when it arrives.
Noah,
I emailed Dover books to ask for any addtional info on the book?, their reply? "They no longer stock out of print books"
I reminded they haven't printed it yet!! so we'll have to wait and see? Bob
Noah Moore

Post by Noah Moore »

wonderful. Its supposed to be a new printing. I guess I could send an email and see what they say.
THE SKYS THE LIMIT
Bob Ficucell

Post by Bob Ficucell »

Noah,
I got this back from Dover books...DOH!

Dear Mr. Ficucell,

Thank you for your message below. You are correct; I confirmed with our customer service department that Vintage Commercial Art & Design CD-ROM and Book has not yet been published, and is due April, 2011. I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.
Noah Moore

Post by Noah Moore »

aww good. I can just about guarantee another release date beyond that. I have every finger toe crossed for this April. its pretty uncomfortable.
THE SKYS THE LIMIT
Noah Moore

Post by Noah Moore »

guess what, bob.....
I just got another email saying that the books release date has been delayed till may 26th. good stuff, huh? laughable
THE SKYS THE LIMIT
Noah Moore

Post by Noah Moore »

well guys, I just got my book in and with a very quick review it looks pretty cool. not a must for everyone but a must for a book collector like myself. it came with a disc but I haven't shoved it in anything yet. I'll let you all know more when I actually have some time to absorb it all. mostly letting you know that it is, in fact a real publication.
THE SKYS THE LIMIT
Bob Ficucell

Post by Bob Ficucell »

Noah,
Got mine too, not to bad it would have been great if the cd had vectors of those sign layouts instead of just JPEGS Bob
Noah Moore

Post by Noah Moore »

I haven't popped in the disc yet but the book is at least something good to have in the collection.
THE SKYS THE LIMIT