Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Bob Fitzgerald

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Richard McKinley

Bob Fitzgerald

Post by Richard McKinley »

Mr Fizgerald (Practical Sign Shop Operation & Neon In The Commercial Shop) passed away several years ago. Did anyone from the Manasquan NJ area take over his business or did it just fade away.
How bout it anybody from NJ, please advise

Mac
Richard McKinley
Mt Vernon,Oh
Kent Smith

Re: Bob Fitzgerald

Post by Kent Smith »

While I don't actually know the current status, the last time I visited Bob and Helen, he planned to just fade away. He felt at the time that since he had built up a particular business and clientele, no one could take over and keep his legacy alive. He had been scaling back for many years but I was so pleased that in the last 10 years of his life, he actually became involved in Letterheads. In that way, he got a sense of how revered he was.

Hope someone knows what the status of his shop is. I was the best laid out I have ever seen with their residence behind too.