Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

A newbie hello!

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Kevin Bergin

A newbie hello!

Post by Kevin Bergin »

Hi all! I've been lurking this forum for months, and I've got to say this is a great community!

My name is Kevin Bergin, I'm a career signmaker for the last 15 years, and the next 30 and I love every aspect of this business. I work for a great carved sign shop called Hassan Sign in Cohasset, MA- http://www.hassansign.com. Most of my experience is in the digital realm- computers and plotters and solvent printers, but I'm so enamored with the history of the craft. I bought a set of brushes and started signwriting about 2 years ago; now after seeing all the incredible work on glass that you guys do, I can't wait to try my hand at it!

Any advice you guys have is always greatly appreciated- I'm like a big sponge, the more you give me the more I take in! In the meantime I'm going to sit down and reread Gold Leaf Techniques again!

Thanks!
Kevin
Anthony Bennett

Re: A newbie hello!

Post by Anthony Bennett »

Hi Kevin.
joe cieslowski

Post by joe cieslowski »

Welcome Kevin,

Didn't we meet at "Mass Mayhem" a couple of years ago?

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!
Kevin Bergin

Post by Kevin Bergin »

joe cieslowski wrote:Welcome Kevin,

Didn't we meet at "Mass Mayhem" a couple of years ago?

Joe,

Hi Joe- you probably met Ted- I haven't been out to many events yet!
Duncan Wilkie

Post by Duncan Wilkie »

Welcome Kevin. Feel at home and ask away.