Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

New Guy

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Frank Miller

New Guy

Post by Frank Miller »

Hello all I am a newbie to sign painting. I have painted watercolor but never signs. My mother left me my grandfather's gold leaf brushes and books of gold and silver leaf as well as a picture of his sign shop in Chicago "Hebrank Signs". I will try to scan a picture of his sign shop windows. So I guess I am here to try to learn about the trade and my grandfather in the process. Can anyone recommend some good books / videos to get me started?
Doug Bernhardt

Re: New Guy

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Always a welcome for the new guy....we were all new once! Looking for great info just snoop through all the posts that interest you. There's just piles of info here and a great listing of books right above your post. Enjoy!
Pat Welter

Re: New Guy

Post by Pat Welter »

Hello Frank...Doug is right. check out all the old posts here and you'll be at it for hours...There are some awesome people here who do awesome work...your learning from the best right here...Good luck, have fun...It will be interesting to see more on your family gold leaf history too...Pat.
Creativity is allowing ones self to make mistakes. Talent is knowing which ones to keep.