Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Helios meg yacht

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Roderick Treece

Helios meg yacht

Post by Roderick Treece »

Some of you might remember awhile back that John Studden and I went down to Mexico to do a gilding job on a mega yacht called Helios. I received some photos of the finished project and thought you might enjoy seeing them.

PS you can charter it for 65,000.00 low season and 75,000.00 high season weekly.
Attachments
DSCN2406.jpg
DSCN2406.jpg (60.53 KiB) Viewed 3010 times
DSCN2399.jpg
DSCN2399.jpg (73.87 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
Anthony Bennett

Re: Helios meg yacht

Post by Anthony Bennett »

Awesome.
Thanks for posting Roderick
bob gamache

Post by bob gamache »

Nice job Rod and John! I hope you guys get a lot of work from this company in the future.
Bob Gamache
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Bob,
Thanks again for passing the job on to us.The Helios project was an amazing internet wonder. For those that don't know the whole story.
An online sign wholesaler in Pennsylvania gets a call from a company in San Diego that is refitting the yacht. The wholesaler gets ahold of Bob to do the project in Mexico. Bob and I had made an online connection through as I remember, this forum and became friends. At that point Bob turned the project over to me and I got John Studden involved .

At this point I have not heard of any more projects from the refitting company or the online broker.If I were to hear back from the refitter I would of course ask him to get ahold of the original contact, which was the online broker.That way it keeps it straight who's client it is.If I have the brokers permission to work directly with the refitter than that would be ok.

The internet has continued to be a great marketing tool for us. When I was doing the Ralph Lauren mirrors for New York they had asked me about on site work. They didn't want to pay for my travel so I let them know about Bob. Bob ended up doing all the onsite work for them so they were very happy.
The next internet story is both Dave Smith and I were contacted via the internet by Ben Sherman about a Glass Gilding job in NYC. We both pointed them right to the best guy in New York , Bob.
Now I don't know if they already knew about Bob but the great thing about the internet is the word is getting out that there are talented people that can do great work all over the world. With the internet it is truly a small world.