Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Chris Fernandes Introduction

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Chris Fernandes

Chris Fernandes Introduction

Post by Chris Fernandes »

Hello fellow Hand Lettering Forum participants!!
I'd like to introduce myself, My name is Chris Fernandes, I been lurking around this forum of and on for years now, and decided I would introduce myself.
I Been hand letterin of and on as a hobby for about 5-6 years I guess, And I was a Graffiti writer for about 12 years before that, Dont really do that much anymore though. Its was really fun for me when I was younger though and lead to my interest in hand lettering/pinstriping. I have more drafting classes than art classes in school and never worked in the art industry. I did paint houses for a few years, that was good experience. So yeah I dont do this to survive so its a little different for me, also Ive never laid down vinyul, and dont know anything about getting my art into computer files for customers(plan to learn soon).
I really like this forum and will participate were I can. I really appreciate all the help you guys give. And Love all the glass work. Your freind Jerry Berg Meet up with me last year on CSA. And he has helped me out a lot and makes me want to get involved more! Here is a piece I did after Jerry showed me the stove pipe font , sorry about the poor image quality Image
joe cieslowski

Re: Chris Fernandes Introduction

Post by joe cieslowski »

Welcome Chris!

Like your sign.....the fruit came out great.

I just carve a little and can't really use a computer much either. But I always felt welcome here.

Joe
Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!
Tyler Tim

Re: Chris Fernandes Introduction

Post by Tyler Tim »

Welcome Chris,

I like the use of color on the sign... the robins egg blue and fire red really work well. And I agree the fruit looks well done.

Tim
Sure I paint thing for my amusement and then offer them for sale. A brushslinger could whither en die from lack of creativity in this plastic town my horse threw a shoe in. :shock: