Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Need a new stop sign?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Need a new stop sign?

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi all,
This video has been around a long time, but it cracks me up each time I watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wac3aGn5twc

I am in the process of doing a logo for someone with a committee in the background and the video kept running through my mind.

Enjoy,
Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Tyler Tim

Re: Need a new stop sign?

Post by Tyler Tim »

:P Yes we hiring you cause your an expert in the field... but we want it done exactly like this. Oh here I have a draft my kid did in widows paint. :shock:
Sure I paint thing for my amusement and then offer them for sale. A brushslinger could whither en die from lack of creativity in this plastic town my horse threw a shoe in. :shock:
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

They hit the nail right on the head with that video. Been there many times... good one Mike.
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

And, that video is a few years old. It it were made now, they'd be asking to include the Follow us on Facebook and Twitter lines.

At the very beginning, he is sitting in front of a huge stack of booklets and guidelines they supplied him and mentioned something he needed to look at on page 16.

Then there was the second girl that showed up out of nowhere with all kinds of ideas and suggestions. I think we've all had a similar experience.

Too funny.

Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Mark Summers

Post by Mark Summers »

I think of the man rolling his head on the table have a sense (as all of you have)
of his frustration. My favorite is customer showing up with their Microsoft
Publisher file. My first thought is 'here we go', how do I get rid of this individual.

Mark