Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

sign writing and glass embossing; book

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Terry Colley

sign writing and glass embossing; book

Post by Terry Colley »

Hi all
sign writing and glass embossing; a complete practical manual of the art. by james callingham
Has anyone got this book ? Is it worth getting? I know it was first published in the 1800s
Thanks Terry
Terry Colley
Stockport, England
Signwriter/maker
Wayne Osborne

Re: sign writing and glass embossing; book

Post by Wayne Osborne »

HI Terry,
Of course !- If its out there.

I found a copy a few years ago- quite a small book but chunky (and very much of its time) but much of it still relevant.
reads as you would expect - The pre-runner to Sutherland's Modern signwriter , Hearn's Art of signwriting and Stewart's Signwork.

Heres a free link to some of it :

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=3fAy ... milarbooks
Terry Colley

Re: sign writing and glass embossing; book

Post by Terry Colley »

Thanks Wayne copy arrived today looks original, wiil post in the books post after I have read it also got the Hearn book too
Attachments
book2.jpg
book2.jpg (109.84 KiB) Viewed 3869 times
Terry Colley
Stockport, England
Signwriter/maker