Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Interested in Faux Antique Signs?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mark Fair

Interested in Faux Antique Signs?

Post by Mark Fair »

hey folks,
The Flying Biscuit Antique Sign Company has a new forum for Faux Antique Signs.

http://www.markfair.com/flyingbiscuit/messageboard.htm
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Mark,
I checked out your web site,Nice work! Happy to see your having fun doing antique signs.Check my site ,there are quite a few sign from Knott's Berry Farm from the early 30s and some new ones that look old.
If I get a chance I will go on your forum and share some thing that might be helpfull

Thanks Roderick
GEET Faulkner

Maybe of interest..... Wild West Weekend meet

Post by GEET Faulkner »

Ellen and I are working on a meet here in Arizona
www.goldfieldghosttown.com
It's about 6 miles from our place and seems to me
that it would be the perfect place to do these things
we love so much, lettering, gold work and hanging
with our peers. What better place than an old ghost town
complete with steak house :P , saloon :lol: , bordello :shock: and a jail :twisted: !

I hope you all will consider making it to our little get together
next Feb.
Geet & Ellen
Mark Fair

Post by Mark Fair »

thanks roderick and geet.

roderick, that is some cool work you did at knotts berry farm!

geet, that sounds like a great meet you are gonna put on.
unfortunately, i won't be able to make it, business is great right now and i must make hay while the sun is shining! LOL

would love to have you guys share some of your techiniques and knowledge on my little antique signs message board.

thanks,

mark fair

http://www.markfair.com/messageboard.htm
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hey Mark,
Politely speaking, instead of coming to this board trying to pull people away from it, I'd hope you would come here occasioally and "share" your information and techniques. This is a very open bulletin board and we don't mind announcements of other cool sites, but I plead constantly for people to create posts that teach tips and techniques.

In other words....come to this site, make a post and show a few examples of a process, and then suggest people go to your site for additional information and additional techniques. We all win.

Mike Jackson

PS, I went to your site right after the first post. Nice work!
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Mark Fair

Post by Mark Fair »

Sorry Mike, It was never my intention to pull people away from your forum. I don't think you have much to worry about because you have a great no-nonsense, very informative forum.

I love making faux antique signs and am not above learning new techniques. You guys that do the beautiful glasswork really inspire me.

Having said that, I decided to put together a simple step by step on producing a "PUB" sign.

after looking at the step by step, simply hit your back button to come back to this wonderful forum...

Thanks Mike for this board.
You are a true "Keeper of the Craft"

http://www.markfair.com/flyingbiscuit/stepbystep/
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi Mark,
No problem on the post at all! The focus of this Forum certainly encompasses the Faux Antique Sign category, so feel free to come here and post some of your nice work and include any pertinent information about the project. Normally, a project like that will generate some discussion and usually leads to growth for all involved in posting and reading. Links to your site from this forum are welcomed and encouraged.

Best regards,
Mike Jackson - co-host
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
GEET Faulkner

Post by GEET Faulkner »

Mark Fair... I've been a fan since seeing your work a few years back
We are planning for NEXT February 2006.... make plans come fave fun and spill paint.

Mike Jackson, I like how you showcase some wonderfull sign people here.
It is my opinion that the general spirit of the "Letterhead" movement that started those few years back, is an extention of tradesmen who, throughout the years selflessly taught those that were interested. There is a wealth of great information here and I thank you. We hope you can make it to Apache Junction/Goldfield, AZ for our Wild West Meet.
Geet & Ellen
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Geet,
Thanks for the post and let me know when you have your meet.
Check out www.Ghosttownsigns.com
oops sorry Mike

Roderick