Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Pinball,..Bring back the Arcade

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Henry Contreras

Pinball,..Bring back the Arcade

Post by Henry Contreras »

Hey all just thought I would let you know about this very cool pinball project that
my good friend Wade Krause is doing on Kickstarter.

here's the link
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/til ... rt-of-play

Gotta love the craft

Henry
BruceJackson

Re: Pinball,..Bring back the Arcade

Post by BruceJackson »

A good friend of mine loves his pinnies.

He built a virtual pinball machine and installed a large flat screen monitor for the table base and another one for the score board. Full size cabinet, genuine buttons so it feels and plays like the real thing. Put a PC in it's guts and runs a pinball emulation program. People have painstakingly recreated the artwork and the table layouts and they can all be loaded into the emulator. You can choose from any of the thousands of games from throughout pinball history.

It actually feels very accurate and very real. Sure it's not analog, but you don't notice that after you start playing...and it does allow you to play and get a really good appreciation for any pinball game. Spending a few hours with it is like going through a pinball arcade museum and you feel the history and development of the game.