Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Decorative Glass Processes...

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Larry White

Decorative Glass Processes...

Post by Larry White »

HEY! Lookie there!
Looks like Pat Mackle got his new website up and running!
Lots of cool stuff to look at!
Good job Pat!

Decoglasspro
Larry White
That's enough for now... it's gettin' late
Town Of Machine
http://www.walljewelry.com
Anthony Bennett

Re: Decorative Glass Processes...

Post by Anthony Bennett »

Excellent, thanks for the tip Larry.
Dan Seese

Post by Dan Seese »

Nice, clean site Pat! Glad you got it updated.
Hope it helps to drive some business to your door.
You da man!
Dan
"The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne."
Geoffrey Chaucer (c. 1340 - 1400)

http://DanSeeseStudios.com
http://www.DanSeeseStudios.com/blog/
http://www.facebook.com/DanSeeseStudios
erik winkler

Post by erik winkler »

It would be great if all the nice people here on the forum would place this link http://www.decoglasspro.com
to Pat his new website on their own website.
So that his new website will get a good ranking soon in the search engines like google.
After all the help he has given us here on the forum through the years, it is a nice thing to give something back to our wizzkid Pat.

http://www.decoglasspro.com
Realizing we are in the 2nd renaissance of the arts.
Learn, copy and trying to improve...
Still in the learning phase ;-)
Amsterdam Netherlands
www.ferrywinkler.nl
www.schitterend.eu
www.facebook.com/Schitterend.eu
pat mackle

my sister sent me this

Post by pat mackle »

Here is an interesting clip of a clever animatron creation. I thought some people here would appreciate this early this piece like I did.
It also eventually presents an exploded diagram of the internal workings which I began to ponder at the very beginning of the clip.
You will see that it contains miniature bellows, a slide whistle, and a cam which raises and lowers as it rotates.
It looks like the cam and slide whistle action supply much of the synchronized movement for the birds beak and wings. The slide whistle may also have several octave ranges also controlled by the cam. It is an amazing piece of craftsmanship. Also notice the extremely fine metal engraving on the grips made to resemble wood graining, topped off with a rosette of pearls.
http://www.christies.com/features/singi ... 422-3.aspx
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Pat's web site URL has was placed on my resource page along time ago. What Pat needs to do is start placing other peoples web sites on his resource page. Oh sorry I didn't notice he doesn't have a resource page.
Once he places the link on his site he needs to e-mail those people with a request to do the same for him. Without a COMPLETE CHAIN LINKING THE TWO SITE TOGETHER the search engines won't find him. This is a time consuming task but it will help bring traffic to his site.
It would also help to start submitting 500 word minimum articles based on key words to on line blog magazines. Higher the traffic magazines the better.

Even though I love the background image with it's colors and textures I would suggest making the grey area larger , Larger photos and include more text.

Best of luck with the new site Pat !

Good luck Pat
Tyler Tim

Re: my sister sent me this

Post by Tyler Tim »

pat mackle wrote:Here is an interesting clip of a clever animatron creation. I thought some people here would appreciate this early this piece like I did.
It also eventually presents an exploded diagram of the internal workings which I began to ponder at the very beginning of the clip.
You will see that it contains miniature bellows, a slide whistle, and a cam which raises and lowers as it rotates.
It looks like the cam and slide whistle action supply much of the synchronized movement for the birds beak and wings. The slide whistle may also have several octave ranges also controlled by the cam. It is an amazing piece of craftsmanship. Also notice the extremely fine metal engraving on the grips made to resemble wood graining, topped off with a rosette of pearls.
http://www.christies.com/features/singi ... 422-3.aspx
Pat thanks for posting the link... lovely bit of engineering and outstanding craftsmanship.

Tim
Sure I paint thing for my amusement and then offer them for sale. A brushslinger could whither en die from lack of creativity in this plastic town my horse threw a shoe in. :shock:
Lee Littlewood

Post by Lee Littlewood »

"...clever animatron creation..." Whoo, I'll say. I wonder what they did sell for (the clip has a 2011 date)?
The x-ray view needs to be a poster, to see how things work.
Now if it only had some nice lettering on it, it might be worth something...
where am i? Now, when i need me...
erik winkler

Post by erik winkler »

Roderick,
Pat has a link page; everything is ready to go, but unfortunatly he still did not work on his linkbuilding.
Where did you place his link?
Amsterdam Netherlands
www.ferrywinkler.nl
www.schitterend.eu
Roderick Treece

If he has one I can't seem to find it. Here is where his is on my site.

http://www.customglasssigns.com/beseen/links/19.php

Getting traffic to a site is a full time job. I personally devote quite a bit of time to always working on it and have a person who does my . work for me.
erik winkler

Post by erik winkler »

It is a hidden page a visitor can not find it, because links can be ugly on a website.
But google can find it.
Indeed it is a full time job.
Everybody needs to work on their linkbuilding.
But when you see the results it is fun and a kind of an addiction to see the result come together after a few weeks.
Amsterdam Netherlands
www.ferrywinkler.nl
www.schitterend.eu
Roderick Treece

I will have to ask my . about that. I know they frown on having hidden items on a web site like key word text that is the same color as the background.
I like for people to be able to go on my resource page for all kinds of information. Like when I want them to be able to see things that Pat does that I don't. Or showing them all my heros work like Pat, Larry, Studden etc. It's just a tecnical page, it's nit mean to be pretty.
Roderick Treece

I asked my . person about the hidden resource page.Here is her answer,

"Having a hidden resource page doesn't make any sense and I think it's a bad idea. I'm not positive if Google would penalize it, but to me it's not worth the chance if they do."
pat mackle

Post by pat mackle »

I know that there are ways of getting top ranking on the net. Not everybody can agree on what's best or acceptable. I know initially it was to load your meta tag with loads of key words to attract search engines, and on the hiding words in your wall paper.
A friend of mine rents property to a known multi millionaire who has a whole area of people and computers that keep pumping his site up world wide. As a favor this man added my friend's site for his people to promote and it was skyrocketed ahead of his competitors in a short time. I'm certain that search engines are constantly updated to curtail these sorts of strategies.
Roderick Treece

Hi Pat,
First thing I learned from my . was to never have text on your web site that was the same color as the background (Hidden text). The search engines will kick you off Google for that.
pat mackle

Post by pat mackle »

My sister sent me this old photo of my earlier days. I am pictured at twelve years old astride my new 1963 metallic purple Schwinn StingRay with racing slick rear tire.
The nuns at school tried to discourage my artistic talents, sending me home with my flamed hot rod drawings pinned to my shirt, and a sealed note to my mom.
This resulted in my taking up a new art form, that of drawing various tattoos on myself with multi colored "Lindi Pens". Skulls, daggers dripping blood, hot rods and flames were my expertise. It wasn't until I happened to draw Swastikas that they freaked out. I just thought it was a cool design and at that age did not know their deadly history. With repeated warnings about "ink poisoning" I abandoned my "skin illustrations" to hopping up my bikes "ape hanger" style with 15" tall goosenecks and "butterfly" handlebars, and moving the shifter onto the crossbar.
I was already laying pinstripes on my bikes with a 5 cent short haired TESTOR'S model paint brush and
the remains of a gallon of beige latex house paint that my Dad pitched into the garbage after painting our house pictured in the background.
If those nuns had been cool and forward thinking, they would have taught me about Mac daggers and OneShot!!
Attachments
old Lindi ink pens- 39 cents!
old Lindi ink pens- 39 cents!
Lindy+pens.jpg (17.88 KiB) Viewed 15202 times
born to be wild
born to be wild
Pat_Stingray_Crestvale copy.jpg (221.94 KiB) Viewed 15244 times
Last edited by pat mackle on Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
pat mackle

love my wheels

Post by pat mackle »

Taken at age three. Guess I was born a "wheel man" and a "gear head".
Check those old cars in the background, would love to have them now!
Unfortunately, my dad's 1950 two door olive green Ford flat head V-8 is missing from the driveway. I really loved that car!
Looks like I'm pointing at my arm. "Hey Mom, I'm gonna draw a cool flaming hot rod right here some day!"
I'm tempted to ride my old shovel head back to that house and ask the owner if I can park it on the front lawn and pose for
an exact update to this photo, 61 years later. That would be really cool!!
Attachments
my big trike
my big trike
2 Pat_Bike_Baylor St Age 3.jpg (169.44 KiB) Viewed 15233 times
Ron Berlier

Post by Ron Berlier »

Pat, you're still a good looking guy. Thanks for sharing the photo it brings back my own personal Christmas' of my youth.

Merry Christmas to all :!:
Ron Berlier
Wherever I go, there I am.
pat mackle

Post by pat mackle »

I have just launched my NEW web site. Unlike my older site of which I had no control of adding new photos or text, the new site gives me complete control. There is a bit of a learning curve ahead for me, but it will be fun and rewarding. This change in having more control over my site could not have happened if not for a great amount of time spent by my two great friends Erik Winkler and Marlies Mulder in the Netherlands. Guiding me along must be a bit trying at times!
(an understatement for certain) :roll:

http://www.decoglasspro.com