Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Not exactly Northern Exposure, but close...

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Not exactly Northern Exposure, but close...

Post by Mike Jackson »

I saw the cow and yearling calf moose in our back yard early one morning about a week ago, but haven't seen them since. Today, they were in the neighbor's yard across the street eating part of their golden willow tree. I grabbed the camera and made a big loop around to be ready to get a shot if they went back across our yard. Sure enough, a car came by and spooked them into our yard. Darla was there on the front porch about 5 feet away from her as she passed the steps to the porch.

About this time last month, I invested in a new Nikon D70 digital camera. It is the same one you see advertised with the rhino blasting through people's fences and the photographer snapping away with the three frames per second shooting. This was about as close as it gets to the commercial! I snapped several shots of her going across the yard, getting to pick the best one showing Darla on the porch.

That's my office above the garage.

Mike
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Danny Baronian
Site Admin

Post by Danny Baronian »

That's something you don't see in the California suburbs....at least not in the Bay Area.
Danny Baronian
Baronian Mfg.
CNC Routing & Fabrication
http://www.baronian.com
Raymond Chapman

Post by Raymond Chapman »

Nope, not here either - just armadillos.
Doug Fielder

MOOSE

Post by Doug Fielder »

I have heard of a moose frequenting down town Burlington, anybody whose been there will know that there isn't much wilderness near there, so that was a long walk!
Nice catch of the moment.
Doug F.
FALLOUT Grafix
Port St Lucie, FL

Formerly from NJ, Formerly from VT,
Formerly from SF, CA, Formerly from NC,
Formerly from CO, FINALLY settled in FL!
Billy Pickett

Post by Billy Pickett »

Wow! If Darla had been ready, she could have just jumped right upon the beast and ridden it around for awhile! (...All we have here are squirrels, and they are too small to ride.)