Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Sign painting classes near Philly or Allentown PA?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Joe Buchak

Sign painting classes near Philly or Allentown PA?

Post by Joe Buchak »

I'm looking to take a class if they exist on sign painting. Does anyone know of any classes or such in the Philadelphia or Allentown PA area. If not, any known sign painters in the area that could give me some instruction before I develop some bad habits.

Thanks in advance.
Doug Bernhardt

Re: Sign painting classes near Philly or Allentown PA?

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

I hate to tell ya Joe but you might have to consider a little travel in this quest. I know a few good sign business in PA and I hope someone from there can steer you in the right direction. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Kent Smith

Re: Sign painting classes near Philly or Allentown PA?

Post by Kent Smith »

Judi's grandparents lived in Glenside so I knew a lot of good sign painters in the area and into Phila and across the river. Most are retired or dead now. Good traditions there though and an old-time shop near the Masonic downtown was still operating 5 or 6 years ago. You may need to do some networking by finding some shops that still to hand lettering.