Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

A Cloudy Forcast For All You Cloud Users.

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Robare M. Novou

A Cloudy Forcast For All You Cloud Users.

Post by Robare M. Novou »

A short while back I heard about the hacking of customer information from the Adobe Servers.

I personally don't use the cloud because of said security concerns.

I recently came across a forum where they were discussing this hacking of Adobe issue.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/10/03/adobe- ... -accessed/

Read some of the posts and see if you have been affected by the hackers.

UPDATE: I am a registered user of CS6, and have not received any notices from Adobe...knock on wood.

RMN
Last edited by Robare M. Novou on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
What's On Your Book Shelf ?

http://www.milwaukeesignworks.com
Ron Berlier

Re: A Cloudy Forcast For All You Cloud Users.

Post by Ron Berlier »

I'm not a cloud user, but, for what it may be worth I did receive an email from Adobe regarding the need to change my password. They even phoned me to be sure I received the email regarding their compromised server.
Ron Berlier
Wherever I go, there I am.
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

I also had to change my password. Am using CS4 right now.
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

I'm fine with it. They took a proactive step by offering to let me subscribe to a credit auditing service.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Kelly Thorson

Post by Kelly Thorson »

Just a little heads up. I also got a letter from Adobe suggesting I change my password because it was possible that my account could have been one of the ones compromised. I did change the password, but the past three days I have had a number of fraudulent charge attempts on my card. Fortunately only one of those charges went through, the fraud department at my bank flagged all the others and contacted me. I spoke to Adobe and they apparently can see the charge attempts from their end and said they were not made by them...something I don't quite understand. They also suggested I sign up for the free credit card monitoring but advised me that I would have to cancel it or pay for it after a year.
My card has a guarantee against fraudulent charges and will cover the one charge that did make it through and I have cancelled the card. It seems that Adobe has put safeguards against this happening and changed the way they take payments, I'll have to reset up my payments.
In any case keep an eye out even if you did change your password.
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.