Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Photoshop Techniques

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Photoshop Techniques

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi Forum Readers,
Back in 2007, I created a page of Photoshop Techniques. I hid them in a folder and link at my Teton Images site so I could refer back to them when I needed a little reminder how to do a specific effect. It's amazing how easy it is to forget an important step, especially if you don't use it that often.

Last August, I started a blog page for my photography targeting photographers and tourists wanting to enjoy the Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole. A couple of days ago, I recreated the page for my blog with a nice grouping of techniques and examples. I'll be adding to it from time to time, too.

Readers here might also benefit from the info, and some might even want to sign up to follow the blog throughout the year. There are lots of photos from the area on it, too.

This image has a watercolor technique with all of the steps in shorthand. Most people should be able to follow it if you have Photoshop CS5, CS6, or CC.

Here's the link:
http://www.bestofthetetons.com/2014/01/ ... echniques/

Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Ron Berlier

Re: Photoshop Techniques

Post by Ron Berlier »

Thanks Mike, looks like it will be quite useful.
Ron Berlier
Wherever I go, there I am.