Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

World Wide Gilding Workshop

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

John Studden

World Wide Gilding Workshop

Post by John Studden »

I would like to announce that myself and Dave Smith will be holding
Worldwide Gilding Workshops.

Many people have traveled to England to participate in one of my traditional Gilding Workshops, but because of space limitations only a couple at a time could be accommodated........
John and I are combining our experience to run a week long Reverse glass Gilding Workshop in California for up to 20 students of the Gilding Arts to take part in an incredible learning experience . Here is your opportunity to work with two experienced gilders, learning their tricks and knowledge of this craft.
The workshop will take place in Bakersfield ,CA at Dean Ross's Esoteric Gold Company, spiritual home of the California Conclave, a premier yearly gathering of Gilders dedicated to the art of gilding and in honour of the late Rick Glawson.
This is a fully equipped teaching facility that can accommodate 30 students or more. This is a great opportunity to learn all the traditional Gilding techniques needed to produce successful professional high end projects. Learning from people who have produced many art commissions for companies & individuals such as Jameson Whiskey, Disney ,John Mayer ,Burberry, Kings of Leon, to name just a few.

This is the Inaugural workshop in an ongoing worldwide series, everything you have wanted to know, all the techniques & tricks to produce stunning Victorian effects on Glass, an opportunity of a lifetime awaits you…For full details on these workshops please contact Dean Ross at atlsigns@msn.com
John Studden
Valencia Signs, California
Kevin W Betz

Re: World Wide Gilding Workshop

Post by Kevin W Betz »

Can you list the Techniques involved ?

Kevin
vance galliher

Post by vance galliher »

kevin...I'm sure it's everything you'll ever need to know about glass and gold...and much more !
vance
dimensional and glass art signs
http://www.vancegallihersigns.com
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Hi Kevin. John and myself along with Dean will be covering alot of techniques.
Screen Printing, acid etching (mica stipple) ,mother of pearl inlay, blending gold leaf matt finish and water gild finish,blended shaded and finger blending. The piece will contain 12crt white gold 18crt and 23 crt. We will go over the design process and many other reverse glass related topics on this workshop. We will also cover the technique of glue chipping.
Its going to be a fun 5 days of sharing these old techniques with talented people.

Thanks

Dave
John Studden

Post by John Studden »

We have had to postpone this workshop until after the California Conclave.......New dates & details will be published when available....sorry about that....
John Studden
Valencia Signs, California