Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Gold Rush Cigars

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Gold Rush Cigars

Post by Mike Jackson »

GoldRuchCigars1400.jpg
GoldRuchCigars1400.jpg (354.97 KiB) Viewed 9169 times
I made two or three of these panels and sent one to one of the Conclaves. One of them hangs on my office wall. Today, I was cleaning the sensors on my camera and did a few test shots. The glass piece made a good subject. It was terribly skewed—a result of me snapping the shot from my office chair and not even trying to get square with the piece.

Adobe Lightroom CC has a very cool new feature called Upright, and that includes an option to line up four guidelines against the angled edges. Presto! The skewed image is squared up. You can do something similar in Photoshop using the Perspective Crop tools.

Oh yes, the bright lines in the glass piece were Angel Gilded, then the centers were filled with a variety of Japanese leaf. I don't remember making an extra screen for the outlines. I believe they were hand painted.
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons