Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Sign Painter in the Washington DC area?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Sign Painter in the Washington DC area?

Post by Mike Jackson »

I received this by email....
Hello friends,
I am looking for a traditional sign painter in the Washington DC area. We have a historic public market that has continuously operated since the early 1880s, when it was established.
The inside merchants are looking for a traditional sign painter to do their signs.
Do you have any members of the Letterheads in this area? And/or is there anyone that you can recommend?

I look forward to hearing from you,
Barbara Fahs Charles

Staples & Charles Ltd.
Interpretive Planning & Design for Museums
731 8th Street. SE, Suite 302
Washington DC 20003
Mobile: 202 460 9050
bcharles@staplesandcharles.com
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Nathaniel Buckner

Re: Sign Painter in the Washington DC area?

Post by Nathaniel Buckner »

Greetings from Washington DC!
I'm nowhere near ready to accept work for pay but I can recommend several very skilled folks that service the DC/MD/VA area.

Did anyone every get back to her?

Best,
Nathaniel