Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Lone Star Letterhead Thank Yous

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Lone Star Letterhead Thank Yous

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Raymond Chapman on November 14, 2003
It's very quite here for the past few days.

After any Letterhead gathering there is always that period of slight depression after everything is over, where you have to return to the real world.

This past weekend was very enjoyable...at least it was for me. We had about 25 folks from far and near come together to share ideas. Some were young and novices and some where old geezers who had been around forever (and you know who you are). The intent was to have a back-to-basics, no frills gathering to just share and learn. I think we accomplished that.

Some thanks are in order:

First, thanks to my wife Jeanne for putting up with my passion and being tolerant enough for me to go out and play with my friends. She cleaned us up and made us presentable for company and then cleaned up some more after the company left. Jeanne made sure that the coffee, snacks, and drinks were ready and available. And then she entertained the grandkids so that Mike could be a part of the weekend. I am extremely blessed to have had such a loving partner for the past 40 plus years.

Thanks to our son, Mike, who spent the better part of several months building shelves, racks, and sundry other things to make us look organized. He was responsible for painting the office, bathroom and parts of the shop, along with laying floor tile and building the easels that we all used. Mike was at the first Lone Star Letterheads 20 years ago, but he was only 16 at the time. After coming to work with me about a year ago I think he caught the Letterhead spirit when we went to Fred's meet in March. He was very excited about being able to meet some new and old friends and sharing what he had learned.

Frank Manning at One Shot provided all the paints and solvents, along with some T-shirts to give away. One Shot is always very generous and eager to provide paints for almost all the Letterhead meets.

Ron and Kristie Percell of Letterhead Sign Supply in Petaluma, California sent us a whole gob of Mack lettering quills which were used by the group. One of the novice participants was very excited about having his first "real lettering brush". Thanks for volunteering without even being asked.

Kelly (and I can't remember her last name)with Coastal Enterprises provided us with samples of Precision Board HDU, adhesives, PB Resin, fillers and a bunch of other stuff.

Eddie Weber, editor of Sign Business magazine, sent down some copies of the latest issue along with some T-shirts for give-aways.

Tom McIltrot, editor of SignCraft, provided a T-shirt.

Robert Beverly brought a huge supply of pastry so that we could all have a sugar-high for two days.

John Francis, a great friend who is not a sign person but loves to hang around those who are, provided juice, milk and coffee accessories.

And thanks to all who attended and added money to the "kitty". We had about $100 by Saturday night. Thanks for making sure that the expenses were met.

In the latest issue of AMAL there was a letter from Tod Swormstedt about a project of the American Sign Museum. They (us) are trying to acquire a handful of Rawson and Evans pieces that were a part of Rick Glawson's collection. Rick's intention was for them to be given to the museum, but that intention was never written down. The estate has set a price tag of $12,000 on that part of the collection, of which about $5,000 has already been donated.

For those who put money in the "kitty", I would like you to know that that $100 is being sent to the museum in your name, the participants of Lone Star Letterheads Revisited.

Thanks to all who participated. You made an old Letterhead feel very warm.
Ron Percell
Hello Raymond,
Kristi & I were happy to help out, & glad it went well for you.