Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

1929 Atkinson's SIGN PAINTING/Design Book

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

1929 Atkinson's SIGN PAINTING/Design Book

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

SALES INFO OUT OF DATE, BUT SPECIFIC EDITION INFO FOLLOWS

Posted by John Grenier on December 12, 2003
I ran accross this item on Ebay. I don't recall the original printing using those colors on the cover. The only one I saw was worn quite badly. So it could be.

John

1929 Atkinson's SIGN PAINTING / Design Book
Item number: 3644517231
Robare M. Novou
Its the original cover colors as in the two previous editions of 1909 and 1915. This is a third edition. and is, as I call it "the prohibition edition". All alcohol related artwork was removed and replaced by non-alcoholic artwork.

The 1937 edition has a dark green cover with black cover art. This edition has some additional artwork added along with a deco font.

RMN