Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Collecting Photos of Antique Glass Signs...

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Collecting Photos of Antique Glass Signs...

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Larry White- on December 17, 2003
Hey Mike, it crossed my mind how much I was going to miss going down to Rick's and admiring all the beautiful reverse glass pieces he always had hanging about. They were always a great inspiration for different techinques and layouts. I thought it might be nice to start a page on theletterheads site of pictures of old reverse glass signs. I'm sure various people have digital photos, and every now and then a nice one will come up on ebay. Perhaps these could be collected and posted to a place for everyone to see. ...sounds like I'm creating another task for you... well, you've shown the enthusiasm... just a thought to ponder. -LW
Larry White
I love the enthusiasm! I'll look through my stuff too. Mike, I've got some good shots of signs that Rick either created or restored. Perhaps a splinter page of the master's original works would be in order. ...Mike, you da man... -LW

Mike Jackson - You guys are alright!

Hi Larry and the rest of the reader,
I do what I can, when I have time and when the bills are paid. The more CDs I sell, the easier it is to peel off a little time to add specialty pages. I think Rick would be proud of his section, and it continues to grow.

So, if people want to help the site by helping me, BUY A CD! :) Okay, I know that is a blatant plug, but that's really how all this works.

http://www.goldenstudios.com/

Mike Jackson
Danny Baronian

Good idea, had the same thought for the last few weeks so I began going through the shots I've taken from past Conclaves and made color prints.

Just what Mike need, more pratice on his web skills

Danny
Mike Jackson
I can probably find a place within the Glawson section for good, clean shots like these. (it might take me a few days to get to them)

Thanks!
Mike Jackson
Bob
Mike,
Iv'e got a bunch of pictures from past Conclaves and a couple of trips to Ricks.
I can scan them in and email them to you as JPEGS and you can post then if you want? Bob
Mike Jackson
I know I won't be able to put every photo on the site, so if you can limit it the "the best of", I'd appreciate jpgs of the good ones. Many of the interior shots I shote are fuzzy or with poor contrast.

Thanks,
Mike Jackson
Bob
Mike,
'Best of " at Ricks, that's like picking which one of your kids you love best !!! lol
I understand will do. Bob
Roderick
Larry,
Thats a great idea.I know I was just looking at an old sign mag for some ideas for a new project.
I would be happy to add a section to my web site for that propose if you want.We are receiving photos for the "Ghost Sign"from time to time so I'm getting faster a making them up.Let me know.

Roderick
www.ghosttownsigns.com