Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Just A Hello

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Just A Hello

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Mike Lavallee on January 25, 2004
Hi I just wanted to say hello.
If I can answer any questions please feel free to email me and I'll try to answer as many as I can. Mike
Mike Jackson
Hi Mike,
Welcome to the Hand Lettering Forum! Actually, maybe you can drop down about six posts and see if you can help Bob Morey. It is out of my realm!

Stop in as often as you can and post your questions of answer a few here and there.

By the way, we had a GREAT time at the "Boot Camp" a couple of years ago. Are you and John Hannukaine scheduling another one? If so, let us know. I'd also like to get John visiting this BB once in a while. He's a great talent, too!

Mike Jackson

Mike Jackson
Hi Gang,
A couple of years ago, Darla and I went up to Oregon to attend one of Mike and John's Boot Camps. Wow, that was awsome! They are a dynamic duo, with slightly different backgrounds, so you get a ton of new information and techniques in a well planned out three day hands-on seminar. If you take the time to visit Mike's site at www.killerpaint.com, I think you will see by the work that Mike Lavallee is wonderfully qualified. Between the two instructors, you also get a comedy show. John's the straight man and Mike's the cut up comedian.

Also, I've met some of the most talented sign makers in the country over the years. Dang, I'd hate to have to pick just one, but John Hannukainne is maybe the single most multi-talented guys I know. From fine art, pinstriping, sign lettering, carving, taxidermy, and who knows what else...he's a master of all of them.

If you have a hankering to pick up a brush in a very creative atmosphere, hurry up and sign up for one of the few remaining slots. You absolutely won't regret it.

Mike Jackson
Jay Allen
Mike,

All those skills, plus, Hannukaine is one . of a talented musician. Ever hear him play piano? Incredible.

Don't you just despise people with so much excess talent - but are also likeable? Both Mike and John could AT LEAST have the decency to be stuck-up, snobbish @%#!! about their talent. BUT NO!! They have to be nice guys besides. Sheesh. You're making the rest of us look worse!! ;>)

Jay Allen
Mike Lavallee
thanks Mike,

John and I are holding our 3rd pinhead bootcamp march 19-20-21st 2004. this time it'll be held at my shop in Snohomish, WA. the cost for the three day meet is $500 all meals and supplies included except your brushes. we will have some brushes for sale there for those who don't have what they need. we are only taking 12 serious peole who want to learn and we're at 6 or 7 already. so if anybody wishes to attend they need to get ahold of me fairly soon. I can be reached at the shop at 360-563-0501 Pacific time. mike
Bob - $500?
Did I read right. $500? must be some ... good food!
Mike Lavallee
here's a comment about the $500. what would you expect to pay for just one of us to come to your shop to teach you our tips and techniques for 3 days? 3 days to close our busy shops, put paying customers aside , and teach you in 3 days what took john and I over 50 plus combined years to learn? heck , just one technique will make you back your tuition money in a single job!
I have people begging us to have another bootcamp. $500 is the price of one tool to do a single job, it's a really cheap price to equip your brain with the tools that will make you thousands of dollars!
and as for the food, we had rotisserie roast pork, salad, rolls and mashed potatoes and desert, grilled fresh pacific chinook salmon, breakfast, lunch, drinks............... . yeah the food was good!
Mike Jackson
Hi Bob,
I believe that to be the correct amount. If you are needing instruction and training on pinstriping, lettering, or a host of other processes, I can attest to its good value. Besides the food we ate, we came home with a PILE of aluminum panels from the exercises. We have them all over our walls in the garage right now.
Spread out over three days, I'd still say it is a good learning value. We were stoked when we came home and have used a lot of the techniques they taught us. Darla has painted enough eagle feathers alone to pay for the tuition several times over. It might not be for everybody, but enjoyed it!

Mike Jackson

John Yarnell
I just plunked down my $500 and I'll bet it's worth ten times that. I can't wait for March 19th to roll around. From what I have seen and heard I feel lucky to have this opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business.

John Yarnell
Joe Jones
Mike
Did you build your flash site?
Mike Lavallee
No, Leif Hill did it. He's on my links page.
Mike
alan johnson

Post by alan johnson »

Hi Mike stop having so much fun will ya?
"Maintain"