Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

My neihbors garage

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Jerry Berg

My neihbors garage

Post by Jerry Berg »

I was walking towards my place and my neihbors garage was open. I saw from a distance a glass sign.
I recognized it right away. He wasn't around so I caught up with him a few days later and inquired about the sign
in his garage. He said there was 3 of them. He was not aware that He should be taking better care of them. He got
them from his grandfather.

The clock was still keeping time.

Thought you might like to see them.
erik winkler

Re: My neihbors garage

Post by erik winkler »

Joooeeewheeee!
They are nice.
Realizing we are in the 2nd renaissance of the arts.
Learn, copy and trying to improve...
Still in the learning phase ;-)
Amsterdam Netherlands
www.ferrywinkler.nl
www.schitterend.eu
www.facebook.com/Schitterend.eu
Kent Smith

Post by Kent Smith »

Classic Dean
John Studden

Post by John Studden »

Nice find, I have a large Dealers sign just like that on my wall....................
John Studden
Valencia Signs, California
Wayne Osborne

Post by Wayne Osborne »

WOW- nice find Thanks for the pics!
Patrick Mackle

Post by Patrick Mackle »

Seeing all of the pieces reminds me of the early 80's and of being in Dean's office in South Pasadena. There he had his drawing board and I saw the originals of these designs cut by hand into rubyliths with cut out windows into which film negative details were spliced. These "ruby's" were used to burn the images into silk screens that printed these pieces.
All done before there were plotters, and desk top film printers, totally 'old school".From time to time I would bump into Dean at Wood's on Colorado Blvd in Pasadena, a long standing
print and film service company. Back then it was "emulsion up, or emulsion down?"
Pat